Wired doorbell not charging

I’ve been working on this for a while now, I’ve tried 3 different transformers, my multimeter is getting a lot of use and I still cannot charge this video doorbell pro. I’m getting 23.2v at the terminals of the video doorbell that claims 500mA output. I’ve tried with and without the old chime and still no charging.
I’m expecting to see the charging indicator (that I do see when using the usb charger) but nothing. I will usually make a change to the configuration (different transformer/wiring), make sure the voltage is reaching the terminals, and let it sit for 24 hours. No such luck.

I’m really not sure what I’m missing.

I’ve been talking with the helpful folks on the discord, I took spamoni’s advice and bought the transformer they recommend and installed it today and I am still not getting a charge icon. I made sure to test the output as well, power is indeed flowing

I just installed a Wyse Video Doorbell Pro as replacement to replace a conventional doorbell. I wired it in following the directions/guidance from the app. Everything seems good except the battery is not charging.

I have read that when wired it will charge the battery, but the battery % indicator seems stuck at 84% since installation (48 hours ago). There is a plug icon overlaid on the battery icon that indicates it is wired and receiving power, I am unsure why it isn’t charging the battery too.

Here is a screen snip of the battery indicator:

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks.

1 Like

I also got rid of my “other” doorbell and replaced it with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Having the same issues as noted on this thread. Battery drained to around 83% and not charging even though hardwired. And yes there is voltage at the terminals. Can anyone who has managed to resolve this issue please advise?

Have you contacted Ring Support over the issue or visited one of their forums for assistance? Or did you mean “Wyze”?

My bad. I meant Wyze Video Doorbell Pro.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. My video doorbell pro is hardwired, the battery is draining and it is not charging. Very frustrating.

Seems to be a common problem. You would think Support would have found a solution by now.

I hardwired my Wyze Video doorbell because I don’t like the idea of constantly charging the device. The device though hardwired is not charging and has sent low-battery notifications. This is super-frustrating. If the device discharges; I will be left with no option but to return it back to BestBuy for a full-refund.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Just installed my Doorbell Pro and hard wired it but I am getting the low battery notifications. Very annoying, Its as if it is being powered by the wires, but not charging the battery. @wyze we need a solution!

Having the same issue. Wired the doorbell and it didn’t appear to be charging. Finally went completely dead today so I had to remove it and charge via USB. Very frustrating.