Will not accept my wifi password

Hello, for some reason my WYZEcam outdoor will not accept my wifi password… says Incorrect password… tried changing it several times turn off and on phone restart samsung phone … still says incorrect password when I select the wyse_camera_d03… in the availalbe networks… under wifi settings… It does pick up the camera local wifi but will not accept password no matter what I do…

Any suggestions? It has worked fine in the past… I just use the camera offline and not part of my home network…

Welcome to the user-to-user forum, @ttnownow!

Sounds like you you may be trying to connect directly to the camera’s WiFi, and trying to enter your home network’s password there. If so, that won’t work. That access is for when you are away from home. The Outdoor camera connects to the Base station in a home environment that has a router.

What you need to do is just add it like a normal Wyze camera (after adding your Base station to the local network first). Here are some instructions:

1 Like

No I am not entering my home network password just the wyzecam password… I actually do not use the basestation because I only it it remotely…

The base station is never plugged in for me…

You mean the camera password cannot be reset by re-sending a password to original email for reset? Camera is now unusable if I cannot remember it? really?

I don’t even remember setting up a password with it… let alone what it was…

If you didn’t set a password, try no password.

On the being unable to recover, I may have misspoke. You can’t add a stolen Outdoor Camera to your account, but you should be able to reset the Travel Mode password. To do this, you will need to add it to your Wyze account, complete with Base Station:

1 Like

Hi Newshound… I tried that and it does not work…

The first thing I always do is go to connections on my android phone and the wyze cam local wifi signal from the camera shows up on the list and i select it and then start the app and it all works well…

Now it seems to want a password for the local wyzecam wifi which nothing works…
it was literally workng early today… unti I go too far away with my cell and lost connection… and since then I have not been able to reconnect…

You might try power-cycling it. Maybe when it lost connection it got stuck in a funky mode.

Other than that, the reset Travel Mode password procedure is your best bet.

1 Like

I have tried the whole power cycle procedure many times… and the Travel mode password seems to go through however when I try the password it does not work… I’m totally stuck…