Weird V3 Pro 2k streaming problem, but time of day related only

iOS or android

All IOS…

I feel your pain

As it has been stated there is a fix. That fix is the next Wyze iOS app release. In the meantime what has worked for me is the firmware update and Wyze iOS update that was released this week. But the main fix is coming in the next version of the iOS Wyze app.

I know this thread has become very long and tedious, but if you scroll up WyzeDesmond and myself do explain this. We tested with the current firmware and a beta version of the Wyze iOS app. And yes I too feel your pain in all this. I was one of the loudest people on this.

Ok time to eat humble pie …just shared my pro camera with my wife who has an Android…
Streams beautifully in 2k… for me it appears to definitely be iOS

Correct. My 2 V3 Pro are streaming in the daytime now with that I stated above. Hope this helps in the meantime as we wait for the next iOS Wyze app version to be released.

BMICH, I have the latest app update from the App Store and I’m running the .3210 firmware on my V3 Pros. They still don’t stream well for me. Do you know when the new release of the iOS app will be available? Be nice to know a rough timeframe.

It’s looking good for the fix based on the beta testers, and I suspect it will even further improve in the future as thinks get tweaked further as well.

When I was researching the web for similar IOS/android video performance differences not related to Wyze, it seems that it’s not so much that one device is better than the other, but that they process graphics and video in different ways. My guess is that the Wyze app is just not handing the video to IOS devices efficiently. Why it only effects some apple devices and not all is the mystery. It’s not a power issue, Apple chips typically outpower Android, but they process graphics and video differently. That’s why there’s an option for hardware/software decoding only on Android. Apple doesn’t have that option because it has a dedicated GPU built into the processor that directly handles graphics and video decoding.

Sorry. No clue. I am hoping in the next 30 days.

I’ve decided I am shipping them back. I will revert to plain V3’s for my needs. Too many issues with these V3Pros. Mine don’t even record consistently.

Oh well good luck… got to do what you gotta do… !! Hold off on new…new products!! Until the bugs are works…we (iOS users)are all fortunate we are not talking about a new vehicle!!.

Ha, my CarPlay works great in my 2021 Toyota!

I’m just now finding this. I have one V3pro that has the daytime bug. Glitchy if it plays at all in 2k daytime and plays fine on 2k at night. I’m on iOS. Just looking for a fix.

same scenario for me as well.
2k no stream during day, works fine at night. Flipping to SD works as well. iOS

it works as intended on Android.

According to Wyze, the last we heard was that they identified and were able to duplicate the problem and were working on a fix, but didn’t get a fix done in time for the last app update. I’m not sure if they’ve been able to solve it yet, or determine why it’s only a percentage of IOS users, but hopefully soon.

I’m just another one with the v3 pro symptoms, however I noticed that more than the natural lighting conditions seem to play an important role, because normally it doesn’t work during the day and at night it works. however on days like today, which are very gray and cloudy, everything is working as it should.

V3 Pro+ iphone 11 (IOS16.1.2)

You’re right about the view making a difference, but it may not be the light in your sample making it work, but the snow.
In my case at least, as soon as the ground was snow covered, it started working in 2K during the day for the very first time, even on a sunny day. I think all the white reduces data or something.

I’m pretty sure someone already mentioned this earlier. Flat colours (such as snow covered ground) are easier on compression algorithms then let say green forest with wind blowing and causing leaves and branches to constantly move. This is not only affecting v3 Pro’s but all cameras in general.

I for one, have only v3s, waiting for Wyze to iron all the wrinkles before I get on the bandwagon with v3Pro.

My cameras perform almost the same as the v3 Pro’s in summer. They, stutter (that is my term) but in fall and winter they work flawlessly. Less leaves to move around. I’ve complained and pleaded and was ready to throw in the towel on Wyze until somehow magically things got better. Not sure what happened because I did not change anything except the App, but I doubt that is the cause. The firmware I’m still stuck with is 4.36.9.139 and I was under the impression that was the cause, but it’s not.

I think all of this issues are server related. The servers get taxed beyond what they were designed to do. So, it takes time for Wyze to upgrade (or pay for more bandwidth) to have the issues solved.

Just be patient or move on to another brand.

I installed the 2.38.2.1 App today. The Daytime 2K Streaming issue is fixed for me. My live now works in 2K Streaming during the Daytime!

The only thing that has changed is the ground is covered in snow. Midwest Blizzard. I guess wait for the snow to melt to be sure?