Watch 47 Sleep Tracking Shows No Awake Time

My Size Watch very rarely shows any awake time during my sleep. I’m pretty sure this is impossible. I was hoping to replace my Fitbit Charge with it, but I find myself wearing two watches.

Both watches usually show nearly the same falling asleep time and awake times. But the charge usually shows anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes of awake time. So it shows 30 to 45 minutes less sleep time each night. I think the Fitbit is more accurate and I don’t know what to do about it.

I have serious sleep problems so this is important to me.

My 47 shows that between 2300 and 0600 I got 36 minutes of wake time, 9 hours and 6 minutes of light sleep and 2 hours and 55 minute of deep sleep. That’s cramming 12 hours of sleep into 7 hours of real time. Just another feature they are working on.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! You must get plenty of sleep and still have time to do what you want. Is that a beta feature, or are they going to make it a subscription?

I’m not sure what algorithms Wyze uses to determine awake, but my stats seem pretty accurate. It appears awake time is determined after your asleep and get up and out of bed during the night. My fall asleep & wake up times are pretty accurate too.

You wake up many times during the night, without getting out of bed. You might wake up for 1 minute and fall back to sleep, you might wake up for 3 minutes and I’ll fall back to sleep. Most of these wake up times you will not remember. You cannot go by memory.

In any case, mine usually shows zero minutes awake. My Fitbit however, shows multiple times awake. There’s typically, like I said, a 30 to 45 minute difference in sleep length between the two watches. Mostly from awake time.

Last night, for instance, Fitbit showed 40 mins awake, Wyze shows 0 minutes awake. Interestingly, Fitbit showed total sleep time of 5 hours, 47 minutes. Wyze shows 4 hours and 18 minutes.

That brings me to another issue with Wyze. When you do get up, it won’t record any more sleep time.

I woke around 8:30am to go to the bathroom. I went right back to sleep and slept two more hours. Fitbit recorded it. Wyze didn’t.