VROOM? V2? rc?

Ok. I’ll judge the company based on a fun activity for a fun product on april fool’s day: this was horrible. Nevermind that I like wyze, their products, or that I recommend them to everyone like they’re baby google. I’ve bought better toys for less, made more myself for free, so I wasn’t put off spending 50 (70?) For fun. But it wasn’t structured, fair, or even working. Usually when something is made and also hard to obtain, people place more demand and value. After trying nonstop since 8am to get this I don’t want it, don’t even like the idea, I would pay double just to get my day and good mood back.
So kinda like playing carnival games at a traveling circus. Didn’t get anything, feel dirty, and I’m pretty sure there’s a clown following me home…

2 Likes

Thanks for sending this direct to spam (only wyze email that has ever gone to spam)
Seeing for sale after they are completely sold.
thanks again

Are you aware that Wyze has no control over your email inbox, and that you can “whitelist” email from Wyze such that it should never go to the SPAM box?

If it does go there, blame your provider or email client.

4 Likes

I get wyze emails on more than 15 separate accounts… I usually only pay attention to two or three of the accounts wyze. Unless like friendsgiving - checked all a accounts only got friendsgiving offer on one.
Yes I know I can whitelist
This IS THE FIRST wyze email to have gone to spam on any
GMAIL, Gmail client here and some others went to spam on all I got it sent to … no car message on a couple accounts
Others I use Mozilla thunderbird, ms outlook, bluemail, evolution some others.

Very confusing there, but first and foremost, you need to understand that Wyze didn’t send anything “to spam”. Wyze sends an email to a specified address. It is YOUR settings & equipment which determine what does and doesn’t get filtered. So the sarcastic thank you should be directed at what appears to be an inordinate number of email programs. Sounds like you just want to blame someone else because you didn’t see the advert for a toy.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t send to spam I was being facetious
And/ or ironic; don’t you think?
Yes on Android I use Gmail app or bluemail
In windows I use Gmail browser window for Gmail and for other accounts I either use their web portal or usually thunderbird or outlook
For Linux I use thunderbird or evolution
I try not to use my apple devices if I can help it
When I noticed I missed the vehicle email on main Gmail primary home wyze account I looked at a couple more Gmail which also were in spam then I started looking at other accounts on other devices and this one wyze email was in spam (or what is spam equivalent) on ever single one I got it on… some accounts I did not get the email at all. I get all the other emails from wyze in inbox or promo /ad. On all accounts so again
Why on earth would this one email be spam
I haven’t investigated more yet.

whether your second message was serious or not, you first email suggested that it was Wyze’s fault that you missed out on the sale of a toy. From your description it sounds like you know computers but lack organizational skills. Having email delivered to multiple devices is normal, but having it viewed through multiple programs on multiple OSs is likely because you have other issues. Anyway, it appears to be your fault that you didn’t get notified about this toy.

@quoth Me
“Thanks for sending this direct to spam (only wyze email that has ever gone to spam)”
Would think anyone familiar with anything would know this to not be indicating I was incredibly stupid to think that the message was emailed directly to a folder by sender

As to multiple clients - multiple locations with multiple devices some with moderately secured clients.

So for example I will use Gmail for my Gmail on one device and for my multiple email accounts from other sources I will use thunderbird on one (or rather dozens) of windows devices and outlook on a few more where a paid outook copy exists. Thunderbird on dozens of Linux devices and evolution on some other linux devices
. For something specific and limited I will use the email providers own email web client.

Sounds like you probably lack the organizational skills to manage your one email account.

Okay, now you are taking shots not based on reality. Par for the course for someone crying about not getting a toy. FYI, I have about 10 email addresses, all for different aspects of my life and business dealings. I am able to organize those into a single interface on a single machine. I have access via other machines, but why would I do that? spreading my communications among multiple machines is disorganized and a scattered method of organization. It leads to getting your invitation to a toy sale getting swept up in spam.

1 Like

It sounds like you had an incredible (ok, minor) amount of bad luck in this instance. This sucks and we (ok, I) feel for you.

But look on the bright side! At least you don’t have a forehead shaped indentation in the middle of your keyboard/touchscreen/tablet/phone/etc. like a high percentage of other potential buyers do/did yesterday. At least Keyboards/Touchscreens/Tablets/Phones/Etceteras-R-Us was open for their replacement needs. (I personally have several spares on hand for just such an emergency. I keep them next to the wall patch kits and buckets of Spackle.)

As for “Would think anyone familiar with anything would know this to not be indicating I was incredibly stupid to think that the message was emailed directly to a folder by sender”, have you ever worked in IT Support? This stuff happens ALL THE TIME. ANYONE with more than a week on Phone or Deskside Support has stories of “My Computer Doesn’t Work” where the root cause of the issue is either it isn’t turned on, the monitor is off, there is a power outage, the power strip is off, the power strip isn’t plugged in, it’s working but the app they want to use isn’t installed on this device, this isn’t their computer and they can’t find their files, there is a network/Internet outage that they have been informed of but they still feel the need to let us know that THEY TOO have the same issue as everyone else and that IT needs to fix THEIR (not related to their system in any way) issue because they have IMPORTANT work to do! No, it doesn’t matter that the Telco 3 counties over cut a fiber causing an outage over the entire tri-state area, we need to fix it NOW!

So yeah, I guess I am not a fan of Cloud Based offsite main storage and app hosting, but I digress.

But back to the subject at hand, I suspect that since Wyze was able to contact their supplier to up the order the same day to cover the certain number of items that were inadvertently sold prior to the announced launch time (VERY MUCH their fault) and as the initial allotment was only 5000 cars (microscopic in terms of how many cameras and ANY OTHER ITEM they sell) that they should/would/could probably place a more substantial order for a second run of these. Possibly with upgrades to allow use with the V3 and/or Pan cameras as was discussed/requested/whined about in this and other threads.

Oh well, I wish you good luck in your quest for a car. I hope they do offer an additional run of these. (just not on April 1st next time. Maybe Cyber Monday???

I had better leave now. I don’t want to annoy anyone more than I already have.

Stoned

1 Like

Oh, and props for the Alanis Morissette reference. Gawd I have learned to hate that song over the years.

I’m the worst with forums, so I hope someone that is interested in what I have to say, sees this post…I think “overall”, my WyzeCam V2 is better than my V3. It does everything it is supposed to, AND has excellent audio. My V3 has horrible static to the point to where nothing can be heard except for the static. Because it was so cheap, I just use it for the “video” capabilities.
So, from my perspective, I would’ve like to see a VROOM using V2 versus V3

I had to delete my cam and readd it and everything works after the update. No more static :ok_hand:t2:

The Wyze car is only compatible with the V2 and not the V3 or any other camera.

1 Like

Trying to get through REPEATED crashes trying to order the Truck on April Fool’s day…I think is just making a lot of us ANGRY. I and a lot of other people have bought a lot of Wyze products…and this is the first time Wyze has let us down with this BAD DECISION to have this once-per-hour lucky crash-a-thon. Please next time…just take pre-orders till you can’t…and we will wait a few months for delivery like ususal. I am now on my third hour try to get one of these damn trucks.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is I had 1 in my basket and they wouldn’t let me check out ( system crash, slower?). Then poof it was gone.

I tried 8 different hours. Each time, except the last, I was able to get the item in my cart. Three times I was able to get to the checkout option. From there I tried to process my payment. Two times it did nothing. One time it said my cart was empty. The rest of the time when I tried to check out I got the maintenance error. A VERY BAD experience!

2 Likes

Correct adding it to your cart even if you were signed in did not guarantee you a car. Sadly they need to do something like Amazon and the lightning round were once it’s added to your cart you have a timeline 15 minutes to complete your order where it’s locked in your cart and then it goes back to a general pool. I tried every single hour yesterday and every single hour I got it to my cart four times I went through Amazon pay completed payment and pending on Amazon pay over $400 and no car.

Not complaining anymore that was yesterday now we’re onto a new thing we’re hopefully they’re going to review their process and make the process better or they change their current process or the process in which they give out limited edition items.

Wyze, this was a MAJOR failure. By the time I finished, I I had a SEVEN carts with a car in my cart, SIX times made it through to the payment. I tried EVERY payment option, Amazon Pay, PayPal, and credit card, and it failed every time while processing the payment. All payment and shipping info entered, hang, hang hang, fail. Different devices even. Tried all the tricks people mentioned. Fail, Fail, Fail. Ridiculous that once something was carted, it wasn’t held from inventory for a period of time until payment was made. SEVEN TIMES. I find it hard to believe that not one of you on staff ever experienced a situation like this without feeling similarly disappointed in the company that provided the bad experience. And, being the innovative company you are, why you didn’t understand that this would happen with a cart system like this.

I understand this was a “cool marketing idea”, but this was the worst kind of marketing. There are a LOT of angry people (read that as loyal customers who supported you and WERE excited whenever you announced a new product).

I am seriously considering refusing the package when my bulbs arrive.

You really need to make this right by offering more devices at a later date.

:sob: