View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I’ve had success with MuMu android emulator on PC. Only downside is the time it takes to launch.

MEmu?

kina both

personal is 1/3rd and the rest is business

That’s pretty serious stuff, up into the high-end enterprise level.

So…did you do it with 24 6tb HDDs, or drives more in the price/gb sweet spot of 2tB? So like 70 2tB drives? In a multiple PSU rack frame? In a room with cooling, clean air and a biggie-sized UPS?

What’s the host(s) for all of that? Multiple clients?

And, I would I assume correctly mostly video? Movies? Backing up the entire Internet? Just kidding, it’s too small for that last one.

(correction, looks like 4tb enterprise HDDs are the current sweet spot. Still like 8K-10K for the drives, cages, PSU, and no smarts. )

I know that being able to view cameras and operate Wyze devices through a web browser interface is probably the number one wishlist item. I was wondering if we could be provided an estimated time frame in which we could expect this? I live on a military base that is 2500 miles from the closest cell phone tower. The only time I can use my phone is if I am at home using WiFi on my government provided internet service. WiFi is not allowed at work or on most of the facility in which I live and work. I do have internet access using a web browser at work, as does everyone else here.

Wyze cameras and devices are a seriously major topic of conversation where I am. Several people I know including myself have purchased one or two cameras to try them out. We all would like to purchase more and several people I know who don’t own any would like to purchase some. I would like to purchase an onslaught of Wyze security devices. However, we all have the same problem. The phone app is universally useless to us. Not being able to access the devices through a web browser at work is a stone cold deturrant to purchasing more. Those of us who did purchase a few were unaware of this limitation before making our purchases. Perhaps most people have cell phones, but there are also a lot of people who are unable to use those phones in the locations they need to be able to monitor their security from.

Please step up the pace on a web based interface feature. This seems to be a very basic feature. At the very least, please give us some idea of how long we will have to wait before this will be available. Even if your answer is 2 years, at least we have an idea.

Thank you!

2 Likes

The status of this wish list item is maybe later, meaning Wyze hasn’t completely discarded the idea but they really aren’t actively working on a solution. I wouldn’t count on it happening at all.

I am in the same situation as you except I have essentially unlimited mobile data.
I use tinyCam Pro server set up on an Android TV box (nVidia Shield). This provides me with the ability to view, but not control, my Wyze cams through a browser. It’s not ideal but it’s the best option I’ve found.
There’s plenty of info about tinyCam in these forums.

If you’re willing to put some effort in - you can use RTSP as mentioned by others. I use that with ContaCam and I stream to any device that I want…and I can access the stream through a web address. It’s all possible, but it’s going to take your investment in time if you really need it.

There is no effort that I am aware of that makes that possible on a military computer or network.

RTSP is on the cameras not your military network/computers. The effort mentioned is changing the firmware on the cameras.
You would view the cameras using any browser unless your Government firewall is blocking you.

Which is why you use ContaCam. RTSP streams to a PC with ContaCam and it has a HTML viewer that you can access through any browser.

You could also use YouTube Live:

Like I said, it’s not as easy as if Wyze made a HTML portal, but it does exactly what you need but you do need to set it up.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it does not do what I need it to do. It appears that ContaCam requires the cameras to be on the same network as the computer you install ContaCam on. Unless the Wyze cams that are connected to a WiFi router that is 10,000 miles away have an unique IP address that I can somehow resolve from here.

Yep - you need to have a computer or device act as a gateway to convert the stream type. You technically could stream RTSP over TCP by opening port 554 on your router (port forwarding) but it’s not encrypted so I’d recommend against it - you’d need some type of SSL tunnel to really secure it (VPN).

Do you have a small computer, or even a Raspberry Pi that you can run on the network where the cams are? If so, you could do that conversion until Wyze decides how they want to tackle this for your use case in the future.

Agree I need this yesterday!!

Maybe if we get to 1,000 replies they’ll get to this…

I’m trying to bring focus back to the original topic with this follow up question. (Not looking to change the $25 camera device features)

Strictly from a technology standpoint, what would be the major obstacles in providing support for PC/Mac viewing?

1 Like

I agree, what would it take to have a software PC viewer for a non-technical person for the Wyzecams.

For myself, think of the subject audience as a group of seniors at a local church’s prayer group trying to teach each other how to setup that Windows software viewer for the Wyzecams they just purchased.

1 Like

A Windows 7/8/10 and MAC application would be a great feature. RTSP is available but limited functions.

Thank you!

1 Like

It will cost Wyze to hire more developers. As of now they are already maintaining code for two (2) platform, iOS and Android, and they are already having a hard time streamlining the user interface and the app performance on both platform. I’m not a developer, but I think you’ll need some development team to make an app cross-platform on all of these OS. That is why RTSP comes in, because this protocol is standard and supported by many surveillance software and even media players on different OS platforms. So that is our best bet, to push Wyze to develop more better the RTSP firmware.

1 Like

Great, i have about 34, 70+ Year old senior citizens on a restricted income who wants to use this PC application at my mother’s Church.

Please advise how to get them started.

1 Like

I just thought of something that might be an option to help facilitate.

At my work, they use a private YouTube channel to feed video to for shared viewing and storage of non confidential videos.

Maybe there’s something to that approach?!