View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I suspect, given Live View, they could have saved a bunch of effort and made it run on the web, like the App (though the App is awful too). It seems very little thought or effort went into this.

1 Like

Camera view gets cropped when viewing with Chrome. I may be my display which is set at 2560x1080

@WyzeJasonJ Has there been any resolution to this issue? I was able to see my v3 on Web View and then a couple of days later, it stopped working. Noticed on the day it stopped working, there were numerous login request. I’ve tried everything I can think of to try to fix.

I have a Cam Pan and it is still working.

John

@jesawyers63
I just checked my Wyze Cam v3 Pro and it is streaming to Web View currently. I am currently using Chrome to view it. Can you tell me what firmware your camera is running?

That is strange as mine still is not working, cam spec and outcome unchanged since reported View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook) - #3822 by c30bc1a6021d7da092e9

Have power cycled and tried on the following browsers but it does work in the Android App, Do not have Chrome installed but tried on the following browsers and versions
Brave - Version 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox - 107.0.1
Microsoft Edge - Version 108.0.1462.42 (Official build) (64-bit)

Another thing I noticed is when moving my mouse over the V3 Pro do not get the pause\play toolbar pop-up at the bottom of each camera’s window the same as with my Pan cameras. Again when clicking just get spinning progress and never comes up.

FW 4.36.9.139

This is weird. I just opened Web View and was getting the same issue. I tried several times. However, when connecting Web View I was asked again about selecting a microphone, I selected the microphone built into my laptop. Everything works now.

Here is my original post…

1 Like

Have asked about this before and got no response - why does wyze need your computer mic??? Playback of a remote or local cam does not need your computers microphone - what are they trying to pull now?

Also re recent not working issues - all 4 of my outdoor cams and my garage cam with door opener went off line without my doing anything - I had to power cycle the outdoor hub and the garage door cam - the garage came back and 2 of the four outdoors cam back - went to bed and getting up in the morning having set my rules to sleep - on awakening all malfunctioning cams were back???

All on latest firmware - it was after the firmware update that they all went offline when trying to arm them as away - didnt have time to mess with them so couldn’t use monitoring blah blah blah - falling on deaf ears it seems - recurrent issues unresolved seems to be the norm for a couple years now???

[Mod Edit]: Signature block has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Your post gave me hope but just tried and no change.

Appreciate you posting though because it could have worked.

Great start, waiting for doorbell support please.

I’m guessing it’s asking for access to your mic because they plan to enable two-way audio at some point via the web interface, just like the app is able to do.

2 Likes

Im guessing its typical - putting the cart before the horse with NO/NONE explanation!!!

Web View V3 cams load V3 Pro doesn’t

I have 12 V3 cams and 4 V3 Pro cams. All V3 cams show in web view but none of V3 Pros will load. Additionally, when I view a camera group it refreshes every so many minutes and shows all cameras. I wish it stayed on the group I set until I change it.

Really curious, are there any other cams that are V3 size from any other mfrs that offer an easy browser view? Many that I read the literature don’t advertise this and rely sole in apps as their viewing portal. Not including the Alexas and Google junk. I am talking jut typing a cams IP address into a browser and voila!!

Arlo but they have their own set of issues and they only work with their hub (router) and have a much higher price point than Wyze unless you get them used. One nice feature is they don’t require any wiring and have bought rechargeable version of their batteries that require a recharge every couple of months. However if you leave them in view mode frequently or are triggered often will need to recharge more often.

1 Like

Wyze Web View V3 Pro Support

V3 Pro not supported for web view as of yet. I hope this is coming soon. I purchased 20 V3 Pro cams for my 2 office locations.

1 Like

So i used to get web view with my v3 pro cameras then it just stopped. Contacted support multiple times and the latest i was told v3 pro cams are not supported. Started installing v3 pro cams at my work and 2 of the 4 ive installed so far work on web view. I dont understand why. So far no one has been able to figure it out.

It’s easier for Wyze to just say that the Pro is not supported at this time than to get lots of flak for the non-working devices. Ironically, it’s one of the devices that actually has web view advertised on the box as a benefit. :frowning:

1 Like

Support? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! They are not exactly on top of any recent changes, and are completely clueless about Web View. Support is something Wyze has not recognized as something that keeps people loyal, and coming back. Short sighted, but that is one thing they are good at!

I wanted to say I have this issue. reCaptcha fails sometimes even after two attempts. I only have to check a box so is this a backend issue?

I think it would be easier for Wyze to just have all the cameras support RTSP instead of rolling their own web view.

Firefox Win11Pro

I also have half of my V3Pros streaming on WebView, but not all of them yet.
I know Wyze is working on some updates with the V3Pros though, so hopefully we’ll have the rest of them running through it soon.

1 Like