View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

If Yi looks like what you need, do a Yi vs Wyze search limited to last year and read a few articles.

Looks like Yi is about twice the price but still not too expensive.

I’ve been using the Yi cameras for several years and have one or more fail every year. The 1080p cams are great (while they are working) but they are not reliable. The only thing keeping me from changing to WYZE is the app.

To me it at least looks like they are seriously considering it.

1 Like

CamPlusPlus

@WyzeGwendolyn I am hopeful that Development is looking at using the Catalyst framework on macOS 11 (Sep/Oct 2020) which will allow faster porting of the Wyze app from iOS to macOS Big Sur. Hopefully this will allow for faster development and deployment.

@bschm for updates on the possibility of using Catalyst I would watch this thread

If its a choice between being able to enter my height into the app in fractions or being able to see my cameras on a computer or the web, I vote to see my cameras!!! Enter your height in fractions are you kidding me (eye roll)

This should be easy to allow web view ONLY from the local network? This is secure, and Wyse doesn’t need to expose their cloud API.

Why do we need access to the cloud to view a local device? One more dependency and streaming delays …

Just give us the (FHD and HD) streaming local URL for each camera. The only tricky bit would be to have multiple streaming URLs in one page.

Don’t forget that you can also use the SDcard storage if you need it for this to work.

I think you should be able to achieve this with Tasker.

I am in the EXACT same mindset.

Coming up on two years on this issue being requested. I guess not enough of us see a value to this, but I sure do.

2 Likes

I vote for this

1 Like

As a software developer, this is quite shocking that it has taken 2 years to come to the research point.

I, along with many others, anxiously await the app.

1 Like

Same. Makes me wonder how they put together their project plans.

However, putting time and resources to provide addtl (free?) features to low price products vs. developing new revenue streams is probably what is driving this and other feature requests. My guess is viewing on a computer is neither driving sales or preventing them, at least significantly anyway, so it’s hard to justify the effort from a budget/billing standpoint.

3 Likes

Just look at YI home camera…1080p night vision, and only $19.00 now on Amazon.
Yi has both a phone app and an app for the PC. So I cant understand why WYZE is procrastinating over this feature.

1 Like

They haven’t got time. They are busy slapping WYZE stickers on Xaiomi bluetooth earbuds. :blush:

3 Likes

That’s not fair. They’re noise cancelling Xiaomi bluetooth earbuds. :wink:

(We’re just joking, they might be sourced from a different company.)

2 Likes

Didn’t hear you. Had my noise cancelling Shure earbuds in.
I can almost guarantee they won’t be the source for WYZE. :grin:

2 Likes

You are funny Angus…

2 Likes

Hey @Big_monkey, looks aren’t everything. . . :crazy_face:

1 Like