Video Doorbell

considering Wyze uses the same hardware, I think this is a sure sign we should be looking for a Wyze doorbell in 2019!

4 Likes

Well, yes, as evidenced by this very topic. It is tagged as “researching”. So it is something that might happen. Make sure you scroll up to the top and VOTE for it using the button at the top.

2 Likes

The outdoor camera doesn’t bother me, amazon has a solution for that already, and I have 2 mounted outside for 2 months already with no problem, but pleaseeeeee, I need a doorbell.

1 Like

Recently delivery companies have NOT been ring the doorbell when leaving a package. Since our main entry point to our house us thru the garage, we may not know if there is a package on the porch for a few days.

Having an outdoor/doorbell unit with motion detection would be a great product!

3 Likes

A Wyze Doorbell Camera? Yes please. I’ve been looking at Ring for a while but I don’t know if I want to go down that road. I’d rather stick to one or 2 manufacturers and I’m already using Wyze inside my home and Blink outside. Blink has promised a DBC since Jan 2017 and it’s now Jan 2018 so I’m not hopeful. I also don’t need a battery power DBC, it can/should be powered by my doorbell wiring since I’m replacing it.

Ideas for a Wyze DBC

1080p

Works off internal wiring of existing doorbell with battery backup (for people with frequent power cuts - I don’t have them but I work for a security company and power cuts can wreak hell on people’s DBCs)

No Fish-eye please (or have the option to turn it on/off for people who like it). I prefer normal wide angle view.

Body Detection (not necessarily person detection). Body detection simply means knowing the difference between a face and plants blowing or cars going by. As I mentioned, I work for a security company and our DBC product has “visitor detection” but it detects other things, not just visitors and it makes people very, very upset.

Most if not all Wyze Cam settings.

Software feature: Integration with Alexa or Google. When someone presses the doorbell, Echo or Google Home will say “Someone’s at your Door”.

4 Likes

I’d REALLY like to a Wyze Doorbell so I replace by Ring Doorbell and have everything in one ecosystem. Not to mention that Amazon just bought out Ring, and I don’t want to go that way

What do you Say WAZE ! ! !

2 Likes

So much yes to this… I would love to ditch my ring.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, would love to see a door bell replacement for my sorry excuse for one (Ring) and also an indoor and outdoor remote movable cam. Keep up the great work, us guys are awesome (no offense for the term guys just an expression).

1 Like

I too would like a doorbell. Alot of these doorbells are limited or just don’t work well

1 Like

I would like to get one too, please get it sooner,

thanks

Wyze doorbell please. Could negate outdoor cam for SOME.

As it stands right now, I’m seriously considering just putting a Wyze AT my front door to use as a doorbell cam. :slight_smile: They’re so wallet-friendly and there are so many mixed reviews about the actual doorbell cams I figure why fix what’s not broken? I’ll just get the outdoor cover for it and put it above my door. :slight_smile: If/when a Wyze doorbell comes out, I’ll just relocate my current door cam to another area and install the doorbell cam :slight_smile:

Was considering this too, however doorbell supplies power so no standard plugin required

I hate my Ring doorbell. It takes forever to connect once the doorbell rings. I mounted a V2 above it and I use that instead (so it ain’t the signal strength).

Plus Ring’s video feed is closed and can only be seen by the Ring app.

A Wyze doorbell would be great.

1 Like

That would be awesome. Replacing Ring with Wyze is like replacing a hotdog with a rib-eye. Or for the vegans, replacing a salad with a cherry pie.

I have been looking forward to the day I can throw that Ring crap away.

2 Likes

I would also love to see a Wyze door bell. Please keep us all posted to where it is on your roadmap as we all would love to get one.

I mounted a camera outside at my front door, upside down using the mounting ring that came with the camera! Work’s like a dream! This is my view!

1 Like

This is a picture of the camera!

2 Likes

There are so many good 3rd party housings for outdoor already! I’d buy the doorbell over an outdoor model first :wink:

3 Likes

Exactly why a doorbell makes more sense. We already have the ability to mount outdoor, doorbell is something that needs factory assistance, esp integration into the app.

1 Like