Very Disappointed with Wyze Video Doorbells

@jdwarner94 and @aetoronto, you are not alone. There are MANY topics discussing the problems with the doorbell.

I do have the VDBv1 so I am familiar with it’s capabilities, features, and problems.

You are correct, the VDBv1 does not support motion tagging.

As for detection zones: One of the problems that was introduced on the VDB when they upgraded the firmware to coincide with the integration of the VDB video into the HMS Monitoring tab Security Cam Video, was ‘aspect ratio rotation’ so that it would be resized and oriented correctly within the HMS viewer. As we all know, the VDB video is not the same aspect ratio as the V3. When they did this, they caused a momentary rotation of the VDB live feed video. You may have experienced this when you load the doorbell. It will load, flip sideways, then flip back. Additionally, it also introduced the problem with the live view not loading and locking at 3 of 3.

It has been suggested by several users and tested, but not completely confirmed, that the ‘image rotation’ update caused a rotation of the image, but not the detection zone to coincide. Therefore, some have reported the detection zone to be ‘off’ by 90° from the image. Some have suggested that if you redraw the zone rotated 90°, it may work.

This is why the detection zones for the VDB are absolutely useless. It is also why Smart AI PD will not activate unless the zones are off.

I have all my cams on CP, but I pulled a V3 and the VDB from CP to test assignment to CPL.

You are correct, the V3 does show as available for assignment to CPL but the VDB does not. This may be a bug that needs fixed as I was not aware that it isn’t compatible. @WyzeJasonJ: can you shed any light on this?

I have not received any reliable push notifications since the FW messed up the VDB. Worse, the VOIP on button push takes so long to connect that the person ringing usually walks away.

Sadly, yes.

All Wyze IoT is third-party manufactured gear licensed and rebadged for the US market.

I am waiting for the FW RC Beta to test out. Once we get reports back from that, we may see some progress to return our doorbells to working order.

1 Like