"Vehicle" detected on Wyze Cam v3

Hi. I’m glad it helped!

2 Likes

Wyze needs to change the software to only pick up moving vehicles it seems to be a very easy fix but maybe not.

2 Likes

I agree. There are lots of issues with Wyze and their AI technology. If I didn’t have a Wyze doorbell (that has LOTS of issues too. Can’t see Events now), and my outdoor camera, I would switch. I keep hoping they will fix all of them but they haven’t. They just keep making new devices (scales, vacuums, keyless smart locks, gun safes, etc) before correcting the current products.

1 Like

I do have 15 V3 cameras that work flawlessly at the moment I have them all set at 50% for detection and I have them all set to detect all motion but I only get notified for a person so far everything works perfectly except for the battery cameras. But I never rely on one system I also have four ring cameras that always give me first notifications only by two or three seconds but they do come in first but no doubt about it my wyze cameras do way more than the ring and that’s why I keep them. When my wyze cameras are working they blow away the competition for the price… The picture might be 1080p but it’s Crystal clear day or night I can’t say that about my ring the picture quality is low. I love my 24/7 recording which ring does not have.

1 Like

Wow, I wish I could say the same about my Wyze V3. I get a motion notification if my gardenia leaves blow in the wind and I have it set to 40%. Since I have a Dodge Ram 1500 always in the driveway, just to keep from getting a vehicle notification whenever I get a motion, pet, etc, I have to have the exclusion DZ Zone so it covers even the shadows of the truck which keeps a large portion of the camera view (side of my house) inactive and defeats the purpose of a security camera.

I have 25 cams running, 17 are V3. All are Cam Plus, all record continuous to 256GB HE SD, all record all motion events to the cloud and also tag for a variety of AI depending on their individual FOV.

I don’t see the motion only events as I have them filtered out in my Events tab and I only get notified of AI Tags because I have my notifications set for AI only, not motion.

There is a Wishlist request asking Wyze to develop Motion Only AI Tag Notifications, which they have confirmed in previous statements they are developing. Here is the thread to follow and support:

I don’t have it set for any motion notifications if I did it would be a million a day I do record any movement but only have it set for a person notification I had an issue last week but fixed it they went into notification and up top it said help so I click that on and it asked me to confirm notifications for that camera so I went through check the boxes I was supposed to check exit out of it and it fixed the problem so far everything is working good

Hi. This is what I have set under Notifications Plus. If it didn’t have this top clicked, I wouldn’t get pets, people, etc. I actually realized I had vehicle detection clicked so I just unchecked that and may try no DZ exclusions. Thoughts?

Thanks

1 Like

Now go up top and click on help and select my cameras not receiving notifications and follow the directions do it with all your cameras I didn’t have any issues until about a week ago a lot of my cameras were not notifying me and I did this with every camera and everything’s perfect now

1 Like

Since Vehicle Notifications was on and you clicked those off, you will see in your screenshot that it is still able to be selected. It isn’t disabled and greyed out.

This means that you still have Vehicle Smart Detection enabled over in the Event Recording Settings.

This will still tag Vehicles within your FOV when no DZ is used and post them to your Events list, you just won’t get a notification for them. To prevent the Vehicle tagged videos from being saved to your Events list, disable Vehicle Smart Detections in the Event Recording Settings.

Like this? Thanks for your input.

1 Like

:+1: Yup!

Now you shouldn’t be getting any Events in the Events tab for Vehicle from that cam.

1 Like

Hi. I ended up dumping my Wyze doorbell because I can’t watch Events. I’ve been getting 09 error code for three weeks with no help from customer (no) service with Wyze. I still have my v3 camera though. Wyze subscription service is more cost effective than Ring (my doorbell) but what good is that if it doesn’t work?

1 Like

For the last several weeks my V3 camera doesn’t detect the garbage trucks when they pickup my trash. The motion grid around the bins are 4 squares but I also have my sidewalk, driveway and part of the street set with grid boxes. What’s odd is that it detects all the cars that drive down the street and people most of the time, usually not pets. The sensitivity is set to 100% and yet it still not detecting pixel changes within a detection box many times. Seems like my only option is to not use the detection grid and then have to review a ton of recordings. I even have my back porch V3 set to detect only people or pets, yet it keeps labeling video as vehicles. I’ve rebooted it numerous times but it doing that. I don’t have vehicles checked on that camera, so why does it keep labeling recording with vehicle?! The AI doesn’t work and I wish Wyze would stop adding new labels and just fix the basics for people, pets and vehicles. And please stop labeling parked vehicles, it should only label what caused the motion detection because that’s all that matters!!!

Hi. I wish I could help but I bailed on Wyze. I no longer use my Wyze doorbell and as soon as my Wyze V3 cam subscription expires, I’m removing it too. I am also tired of all the issues you mentioned and that they keep adding new products and features and not updating/fixing current products. The detection zone does work but it has to cover more than the objects/cars plus a large amount around them to keep them from being triggered. I have a truck in my driveway most of the time and the zone covers the truck and a large area around it so it won’t say vehicle when there is motion. I now have a Ring stick up and I’m very happy with it. When I have a question, I can call (even on a weekend) and speak to a human! Can’t do that with Wyze. I’ve sent so many logs and nothing ever was fixed. Maybe make the detection zone smaller is all I can suggest.

1 Like

“The detection zone does work but it has to cover more than the objects/cars plus a large amount around them to keep them from being triggered. I have a truck in my driveway most of the time and the zone covers the truck and a large area around it so it won’t say vehicle when there is motion.”

I don’t understand this statement. How does covering a large area around your vehicle prevent it from labeling a motion recording as vehicle? Because when there is motion within a grid, it looks at everything within the grid to make the label of what’s in it. So if you truck is in your grid, as you stated, then it should always give you a vehicle label. Unless you meant to say your grid does not cover your truck and an area around it. That’s the only way it wouldn’t label the video as a vehicle.

I’m referring to the detection zone exclusion. The zone is larger than the truck. See pic

1 Like

Jason,
@WyzeJasonJ - You posted that updates to this stationery vehicle giving persistent alerts was to be fixed in Fall of 2022. Now that we are in Summer of 2023 wondering if you have any idea of update schedule to fix this. It is a very annoying feature which means I have to turn it off.

Hi. I’m not Jason. I never posted that it would be fixed. I don’t have any way to know when things will be fixed. I posted how to help with so many alerts…make your DZ larger than the item, car, etc you are wanting to cover. I gave up on Wyze for other issues as well in May this year anyway. Got rid of my doorbell too. They keep making new cameras, scales, lights, etc before their products that are already out are working correctly and they don’t update software. Seems like they are all about money. I contacted them so many times with issues but never got help. Sent logs too.

1 Like