V3 pro spotlight question

So I have the spotlight setting to come on automatically. The problem is that once it comes on it never shuts off. Anyone else experience that?

2 Likes

Mine is set to Auto and turns off according to the timer I have set.

What is your timer set to?

Do you have any rules set to turn on the spotlight when Motion or AI is detected?

What Firmware is it running?

Timer set to 30 secs and no rules set up. Firmware is 4. 58.0.3210

1 Like

I didn’t have any issues with the spotlight going off after a motion event ended. I was on that FW version for some time before installing Beta FW.

Have you toggled it to off instead of Auto, exited out to the device menu, tested it by initiating some motion events, and then re-enabled Auto and changed the timer to something else before exiting out and testing it again?

Does this produce any different results?

yep I’ve tried exactly what you suggested. What’s strange is that it used to work correctly but I have noticed the light on early in the am while its still dark out. That’s what got me to start paying attention to it. I summitted a log to WYZE but they stated they didn’t know what was wrong and for me to watch for future updates :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Short of requesting a Warranty return, some more possible measures would be to delete the cam from the app, clear the cache, logout, restart the phone, do a factory reset on the cam, power cycle it, log back in and reinstall it fresh.

You could also put the cam on the Beta to see if the updated FW helps.

1 Like

gotcha…thanks for the help. I will try those. It’s not a deal breaker, but it should work.

1 Like

:bulb: Discord - Wyze Can v3 Pro spotlight will not turn off after first motion detection at night. Resetting fixes it but becomes an issue again about a month later. :bulb:
We’re looking into this now and will let you know if we have any questions!

This was picked for fix it Friday

1 Like

Great pull @IEatBeans! I was not aware this was a known issue. Thx! :pray: Do you have the link for that post or thread?

1 Like

Here’s the post, I have 3 subsequent replies in that thread so the forum didn’t let me use the quote thing.

1 Like