V3 camera - allow continuous recording more than 9 days

Please bear in mind I am on the beta track, so may be running different SW and FW. latest recording available on my cams is 16th July which was when I last reformatted the cards in them. so 2 weeks constant HD recordings using 61 Gig on a 256 Gig card. And no i don’t have any missing data. I can pick and time/date and playback.
Will report back when something new happens :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Support microSD 256 Gb cards at full capacity on Wyze Cam v3

I am using a 256 Gb microSD card on my Wyze Cam v3 but it doesn’t record more than 90 Gb on it (about 8 days); the remainder of the card space is showing as available but not filling up.
I researched various forums and it seems to be a recurrent issue for many Wyze Cam v3 users.
It would be great to fully support microSD cards up to 256 Gb in size.

[Mod edit] User submitted log ID 658372

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback and info. We did locate the issue and is able to fix this “SD card stop recording at around 90GB” issue in the next V3 firmware release. Right now just waiting for some other bugs to be fixed in beta release and will soon officially release this one. I have tested for few weeks and I do get recording all the way from 6/27-7/27 on a microSD 256GB (take SD card out to do some other testing this weekend). Here is my sd card status

13 Likes

Thank you for the update

I am STILL waiting and looking forward to the release of a fix to this 8+ month-old bug.

We totally understand the waiting time and greatly appreciate your patience. This firmware will be a pretty large release aiming to fix few servere bugs. That’s why we are still working with beta users/testers to make sure the best performance when officially releasing it. Thank you!

5 Likes

This is very exciting, thank you for sharing the update!

3 Likes

Great news!..thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Fantastic. Can you have them add in dark mode after 4-year wait? :rofl:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll ask. What do you do with 3-4 weeks of continuous recordings from a cam? Transfer to another device for viewing/storage or binge watching?

1 Like

I personally prefer to have the last 20+ days of recording instead of 10 days, mostly when I leave for a couple of weeks vacation.
This way on my return, if I find something that happened on my property while I was away, I have some footage that I can look at

3 Likes

Can’t you monitor remotely?

I easily check from Budapest while crusing on the Danube or from a beach in Hawaii.

It’s all personal preference.

What would I use it for? Well, it’s rare that I need it, but sometimes things happen, and having access to a month’s worth of video can let me identify when and how something happened.

2 Likes

Monitoring remotely for sure, but you may see something upon your return that you didn’t catch while you were monitoring remotely …
Having the 2-3 weeks of playback videos available is definitely a plus for me

2 Likes

Good idea. Makes sense. Thanks.

Would you be so generous as to apply this same bugfix to the V2 cameras? They both have seemingly arbitrary limits on how much of the available space on an SD card they use. Our expectatio is that they fully utilize the provided microSD card, within perhaps, 1GB or 1% of its total rated capacity, whichever is less.

What do you consider "Rated Capacity? I have some new 128 GB Samsung Pro Endurance SD cards and the available space for use is 119.36 GB no matter what I put it in, PC, dash cam or a V3. The V3 will use all that space before overwrite in about 11.5 days recording in HD continuous.

Storage media manufacturers use decimal (base-10) to advertise storage space/capacity. E.g., 1 KB = 1,000 bytes, 1 MB = 1,000,000 bytes (1,000 KB), 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes (1,000 MB)

Operating systems use binary (base-2) to report storage space/capacity. E.g., 1 KB = 1,024 bytes, 1 MB = 1,048,576 bytes (1,024 KB), 1 GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes (1,024 MB)

Storage media manufacturers’ decimal (base-10) 128 GB = Operating systems’ binary (base-2) 119.209 GB.

To further confuse… binary (base-2) notation is actually Gibibyte (GiB).

2 Likes

That is fuzzy math just like the VA. I had a 30% disability rating, 10% for each of three items. I got one of the items changed to 60% so you would think my total would be 80%. Wrong, VA math makes it 70% total :astonished: That’s ok I’ll be at 100% in a month or so. :grin: The Veterans Affairs is quite the sleazy organization.

1 Like

Tell me about. I’m glad I transitioned to TFL and Medicare.