V3 camera - allow continuous recording more than 9 days

Stating that the reason for this problem not being fixed is because of it cutting into camplus is merely speculation, nothing more. Just because Wyze have not refuted this does not make it true. We all wish they would acknowledge the problem and where they are on fixing it, wishfull thinking and all that :slight_smile:

tacomaguy20 the best you we can get at the moment is about 11-12 days of HD using 128Gig cards in V3 cams, but more in V2’s using beta firmware.

Jeremy

@Slammer99uk good to know but upgrading 9 cameras to 128gig cards when it still wouldn’t get me to 14 days (as well as possible fix being released for 256gig cards at anytime), has me hesitant to move forward. Knowing my luck I’d upgrade all my SD cards and then the fix would come out right after and I’d have spent all that money only to have to upgrade again. It would be nice if there was a time frame so I could decide if it would be worth spending the money now. And I’m not going to spend the money or effort to switch back to the worse quality V.2 Cameras. I guess I’ll just keep waiting.

Agreed, you are in the same position as many others with having to wait for a resolution

Jeremy

So here we are. ANOTHER week has gone by with neither a resolution nor even an acknowledgement of the problem.

I have acknowledged the issue and brought it up to the team. They have not found the cause yet.

1 Like

Strange they cant find the problem when they solved it on the V2 cams using new beta SW.

Still we wait…

Jeremy

Jason, it’s always pleasant when a public interface person acknowledges a problem. Wyze has a couple of people, like you, who are great at communicating with the public. I find it difficult to believe that the developer team has assigned any resources to fixing this problem, though: As an experienced mobile software developer, I know that 75% of the solution is achieved by ability to reproduce the problem – and this problem is trivial to reproduce. I would be thrilled to send you a memory card that demonstrates the problem, if there were a promise to actually start immediate work on it. Heck, I’d send you one of my cameras – though the model number and firmware version ought to suffice. Have I ever been contacted to assist? I have not.

Thanks for the feedback. I did notice the issues that you brought up and have few 256GB cards just arrived last week and have initialed testing since last week on few V3 testing units with different firmwares here. Once we locate the issue here we will fix it asap.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

3 Likes

Thanks, @WyzeDesmond – but if you’d like to shave a couple of weeks off of your debug cycle, I could happily get you going with a card that’s already exhibiting the problem. Feel free to contact me.

I have received an update on this, we have found what we believe to be the issue and have the updated code in QA now, if that goes well it should go to beta soon. Thank you to everyone who helped out and brought this to our attention.

5 Likes

Lots of people are anxiously awaiting the release of a fix. This bug keeps showing up in several venues. (Unfortunately, many of the Wyze folk who respond to this issue act as if they’ve never heard of it – which is bad, whether or not they are “acting”).

1 Like

Thanks for the update WyzeJasonJ Some of us sufferers do appreciate the work now being done to solve this bug. I am sure I speak for some, if not most, who are looking forward to a fixed release.

Jeremy

2 Likes

The following is what Wyze discussed with us about this issue in the Wyze Discord Fireside event yesterday:

5 Likes

@russgoog
I know many are anxiously awaiting this, I will be sure to keep circling back and giving updates and I will post here when the fix is coming so everyone knows. I do apologize for the mixed information that gets put out sometimes.

@Slammer99uk
You’re welcome. I am glad that we were finally able to replicate it with the help of all of you pointing out the issue so we could get a fix in the works.

5 Likes

This is taking an awfully long time…

2 Likes

I got a feeling Wyze might be on version 12 cam before a fix is released at this rate.

1 Like

We should have a celebration! This thread is almost EIGHT MONTHS OLD. And here we are. Essentially still in the same place as we started,

I am not sure when a change was made or if any change was made, but my recordings are now saving for longer in a smaller amount of SD card space. See the attached :-

16th - 27th with only 45 Gig used and in HD - This is the best result I have had so far - I am going to have to keep an eye on this from here on out

Jeremy

1 Like

That’s pretty suspicious. It’s very unlikely that they’ve suddenly found a 2X better compression encoding at the same quality, and implemented it, all of a sudden. My guess is that either their calculation of usage is inaccurate or, more likely, you have a bunch of missing data. And of course, they’re still not using most of your SD card.

On my Pan Cam v2, running 4.49.1.47 firmware, I’m still at 9 days of HD (3 PM on July 18 through 8 AM on July 27) and 88.47G/238.15G. That’s pretty much where I was when this all started.

I’m only using a 128GB card but my V3 cams on continuous recording24/7 record just over 9G per day in HD , same as always.