Stating that the reason for this problem not being fixed is because of it cutting into camplus is merely speculation, nothing more. Just because Wyze have not refuted this does not make it true. We all wish they would acknowledge the problem and where they are on fixing it, wishfull thinking and all that
tacomaguy20 the best you we can get at the moment is about 11-12 days of HD using 128Gig cards in V3 cams, but more in V2’s using beta firmware.
@Slammer99uk good to know but upgrading 9 cameras to 128gig cards when it still wouldn’t get me to 14 days (as well as possible fix being released for 256gig cards at anytime), has me hesitant to move forward. Knowing my luck I’d upgrade all my SD cards and then the fix would come out right after and I’d have spent all that money only to have to upgrade again. It would be nice if there was a time frame so I could decide if it would be worth spending the money now. And I’m not going to spend the money or effort to switch back to the worse quality V.2 Cameras. I guess I’ll just keep waiting.
Jason, it’s always pleasant when a public interface person acknowledges a problem. Wyze has a couple of people, like you, who are great at communicating with the public. I find it difficult to believe that the developer team has assigned any resources to fixing this problem, though: As an experienced mobile software developer, I know that 75% of the solution is achieved by ability to reproduce the problem – and this problem is trivial to reproduce. I would be thrilled to send you a memory card that demonstrates the problem, if there were a promise to actually start immediate work on it. Heck, I’d send you one of my cameras – though the model number and firmware version ought to suffice. Have I ever been contacted to assist? I have not.
Thanks for the feedback. I did notice the issues that you brought up and have few 256GB cards just arrived last week and have initialed testing since last week on few V3 testing units with different firmwares here. Once we locate the issue here we will fix it asap.
I have received an update on this, we have found what we believe to be the issue and have the updated code in QA now, if that goes well it should go to beta soon. Thank you to everyone who helped out and brought this to our attention.
Lots of people are anxiously awaiting the release of a fix. This bug keeps showing up in several venues. (Unfortunately, many of the Wyze folk who respond to this issue act as if they’ve never heard of it – which is bad, whether or not they are “acting”).
I know many are anxiously awaiting this, I will be sure to keep circling back and giving updates and I will post here when the fix is coming so everyone knows. I do apologize for the mixed information that gets put out sometimes.
You’re welcome. I am glad that we were finally able to replicate it with the help of all of you pointing out the issue so we could get a fix in the works.
That’s pretty suspicious. It’s very unlikely that they’ve suddenly found a 2X better compression encoding at the same quality, and implemented it, all of a sudden. My guess is that either their calculation of usage is inaccurate or, more likely, you have a bunch of missing data. And of course, they’re still not using most of your SD card.
On my Pan Cam v2, running 22.214.171.124 firmware, I’m still at 9 days of HD (3 PM on July 18 through 8 AM on July 27) and 88.47G/238.15G. That’s pretty much where I was when this all started.