V3 and ios SD “Zoomed” record problem

Here is YET ANOTHER issue I have discovered with ios and v3 cameras.

I have several v3 cameras with SD cards and a v2, also with an SD card. I use the Wyze app on both iPadOS and Android.

Lately I noticed that if I play back any SD recording and “record” it, so that it “saves to album”, that the saved version on ios is almost fully zoomed into the top left corner, with all the other video cropped out of it. Trying to “unzoom” does not show the missing video.

This happens on 2 of the v3s that I checked, BUT NOT ON THE V2 AND NOT WITH THE ANDROID APP.

The only other odd thing I notice (and maybe this is a clue to where the issue is), is if I play back the recorded (as in “saved to album”) version on Android, is that if I try to “pinch zoom, that no matter where I “pinch” (actually “unpinch”) on the screen, it ALWAYS zooms towards the upper left - i.e. the same area the iPadOS version seems only capable of recording in…

Sheesh… as I say, Yet ANOTHER issue. (see my other posts)

Wyze, you should by now be sending us “bounty” for uncovering these problems…

1 Like

I’ve read many post about the same issue on this forum, most of the problems were when people had their cam set to record in 360 instead of SD or HD. Not saying that is you problem but it is very similar. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I just recorded this from playback, V3, iOS app 2.29.1 (a6), iOS 15.4 on a iPhone SE 2020. This was recorded in the SD mode.

1 Like

Tx…
I leave my cameras set to STREAM at 360 (all of them - including the V2 that doesn’t have this problem), but I don’t see where there’s a setting to change the resolution of video RECORDED to the SD card.

Also, like I said, the V2 (or android recordings) don’t have this problem - regardless of streaming setting, recorded SD is always at a higher res…

Seems to be a combo of V3 and IOS…

Tx for the response…

The only way I know to change recording mode is shown here. I have mine is SD.

I believe that’s the streaming setting…

If I record off the “live” feed there are no problems - regardless of the streaming setting. It’s only when recording any events played back off of the SD card when on iOS.

As the camera is remote from me I’d have to set it to SD and wait for an event to take place to see if changing streaming resolution made any difference… Still, even if it does, it’s still a bug that Wyze needs to pay attention to…

Tx…

I set my V3 to 360 for an hour today then I recorded from playback. The screen shot is what the video looked like on the iPhone, top left corner only. I sent the same video to myself, video attached. I put my camera back to SD.

This is the video recorded from playback recorded with live stream in 360

Properties from live view recording in 360

…well, that’s just bizarre. When I look at your response and screenshots and videos on my Android phone it looks like as you describe, yet when viewed on my iPad the video gets cropped out!

Here’s a very rough ”screenshot” of them both side by side while looking at your post that illustrates precisely the cropping issue.

So it looks like an IOS problem… (but yet this didn’t happen with a V2 set to 360…) Maybe it’s some incompatibility with the way the V3 is recording 360 to SD, or the format is implemented wrong on V3s or it’s how iOS is “interpreting” that format…

Just thinking out loud… Either way, I hope Wyze notices these posts and either fixes it if it’s on their end, or warns of it while selecting 360 for use with IOS…

I believe you are correct, the setting for HD,SD and 360 are just the streaming setting. The recordings to the SD card all show up as 1920x1080 no matter what the live view/streaming setting is. If you record from live view in 360 it saves on your device as 640x360 and plays just fine. WYZE doesn’t read many of these post so the only way to get it noticed is to go through the long ugly process of submitting a support ticket with logs and then exchange numerous emails with support. I have no desire to do that because I have all my cams either in HD or SD. Good luck :upside_down_face: It will all get blamed on Apple.

…won’t be doing that. I did that before. Spent weeks at it and eventually gave up. I did however leave a link to this in “FixIt Friday” thread that Wyze say they examine, so who knows…

1 Like