V2 firmware 4.9.2.18 released to public!

Hi folks,
We just released Wyze Cam V2 firmware to the public. We’ll release the official V1.4 apps later this week. Stay tuned!
Wyze Cam V2 firmware V4.9.2.18
The changes include:

• Added Alexa integration support
  • Added V1.4 App IoT feature support
  • Fixed an issue when IoT status is not updated correctly
  • Bug fixes

Any manual or instruction of using Alexa integration ?

Thanks!!

Yes there will be manual on how to use Alexa integration. But we haven’t officially released our Skill in the Alexa Skill Store yet. We’ll release it as soon as possible, hopefully by next week.

could you share a little info on how it will integrate with Alexa?

Of course! You can tell your Alexa device to show your camera’s live stream and also hear the sound from it. But you won’t be able to use two way audio or view the playback or notification videos with it. It also works with the shared users so anyone having access to the camera can view the live feed from the Alexa device.

Will the alexa skill be released outside of the US as well? Or geolocked to only the US?

Don’t have an Alexa. Any love coming soon for us Google Home folks?

Killed one of my Wyze Cam V2’s now it’s stuck on a yellow LED and won’t even setup, No voice prompts

The other 2 cams updated just fine ones a V2 the other an Pan cam.

The one that died on firmware update is a few days over a month old.

Opened a support ticket just now and awaiting a response

FYI, 5 camara’s successfully updated to this firmware for me.

Wow that was so helpful, I’m glad 5 of your cameras updated…

2 of my cameras also updated for me, but 1 did not…

4 camera’s successfully updated to this firmware for me.

My comment wasn’t to you or about you but to the general community and the developers.

OK, new to this “support forum” stuff…

Thanks

Unfortunately, it will only be released in the US region.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a plan to integrate with Google Home in the near future. But we’ll definitely consider it.

I’m sorry about your issue! Could you try flashing your firmware with an SD card? The instructions can be found here. https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v2-firmware/

Let me know how it goes!

Updated 2 of my wyzecams to the new firmware before I found out I could not connect to them. Stopped updating for my other 2 wyzecams until I found out I had to unplug, reboot the cameras before they would connect again. So I got the 2 firmware updated cams working, connecting, but still not going to do the updates for my other 2 cameras until they figure what’s wrong with the firmware update

Great news on the Alexa integration!

Will the Alexa device allow you to live stream more then one camera at a time say if you have an Echo Show?

Thanks.

Flashing via SD did fix my Cam V2 that choked on firmware 4.9.2.18 upgrade!

It is refreshing to see that Wyze allows customers the ability to re-flash the memory rather than send it back…

The engineers thought that out well allowing reflash via the SD, Other devices I’ve dealt with required JTAG to re-flash and that’s not so consumer friendly…

Good Job Wyze-Guys :slight_smile:

Flashing via SD did fix my Cam V2 that choked on firmware 4.9.2.18 upgrade!

It is refreshing to see that Wyze allows customers the ability to re-flash the memory rather than send it back…

The engineers thought that out well allowing reflash via the SD, Other devices I’ve dealt with required JTAG to re-flash and that’s not so consumer friendly…

Good Job Wyze-Guys ?