V2 Camera no longer recording Video to Cloud - Just an Image

I had to reset my V2 Camera and now it longer records the 12 second Video, only an Image… It tells me to subscribe to Cam Plus as I am on the ‘Free Plan’ … I have been on Cam Plus Lite for $0 for over a year… Is this a Change to Wyze Subscriptions? The Camera is listed under the Cam Plus Lite Subscription.

1 Like

Are you getting an actual thumbnail with the icon in the bottom left of the thumbnail, or is it a failed event video with a green bubble and a question mark where the time usually is?

I’m getting the Thumbnail in the bottom left… If I click on the ‘arrow’ to play the video I get the 'you are on the free plan, subscribe to Cam Plus …

That’s interesting. Unfortunately cam plus lite doesn’t let you remove a cam from it unless you temporarily upgrade it to cam plus, or cancel the subscription and resubscribe.

If either of those would be possible to try, go for it. I know it’s not ideal though. If not, I would try contacting support and see if they can do something on their end.

I just started having the same problem. Where you able to restore video recording when recording motion events?

I elected not to fix this problem until next spring, as I did not want to take the chance of disrupting my other cameras, which are more important to me than the one that is ‘acting up’… I’ve got too many other issues at this time… If you try out the solution that was proposed here, let us know how it goes… If you have good luck and smooth sailing, I may give it a go…

I got up the nerve to tackle this annoying problem and I have finally got a fix for this:

You go to https://prod.services.wyze.com/ on a computer, not a phone. And Cancel your Cam plus Lite Subscription. Then Renew the same subscription for the same amount as you had before. Yes, even $0 (Zero) … Then go to your Phone>Account>Subscriptions and add Add Cameras to Cam Plus Lite Subscription. Check all of the Cameras that you want to add back to the Cam Plus Lite Subscription… This worked for me. But I think that Wyze needs to make this a little simpler as it is their Bug.

Thanks for the tips to remove the service and re-add again. Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

When I select Cam Plus Lite and select the camera I get an error “The device is bound with other services”

I have four cameras. Two V3 and two V2. V3 was most recent in November and came with three months of Cam Plus, but initially, Cam Plus got assigned to one of my V2’s then I switch it. That is when I think the issue started.

1 Like

It sounds like you didn’t get the camera successfully deleted. Unless of course you are getting this message when are trying to delete it. All, I can say is that this worked for me and it is what the Wyze Tech support team team told me to do. Here is a copy of the text that I went through each step.

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps to see if these will help solve the issue. You may already have tried some of these steps but it may be a good idea to go through this again so we are in sync with the troubleshooting process.

1. Check that the Wyze app is up to date.

2. Go to the Account tab > tap About.

3. The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.

4. You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.

5. Ensure the camera’s firmware is up to date.

6. You can update your camera’s firmware in the Wyze app by going to Account > Firmware Update.

7. If there is an update available, please move forward with updating it.

8. Make sure that Cam Plus Lite is enabled on the device. This can be checked in the Wyze app by going to Account > Services > Cam Plus Lite. The camera name should appear under the service.

9. If that doesn’t work, we can try removing and re-adding Cam Plus Lite to your account. To do that, please log in to services.wyze.com, cancel Cam Plus Lite, and repurchase the service using the same rate it had before.

Please send us an application log as well so we can further investigate. Here are the instructions to send us your app log:

1. Please reproduce the issue, if possible.
  2. In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > tap Submit a Log > select the affected device or service > select the relevant issue category.
  3. Enter any relevant details or associated support ticket request IDs in the Details section. You can also tap the + icon to add any relevant pictures or videos.
  4. Make sure the Send log files option is checked to ensure the logs are included.
  5. Tap Submit.