V2 cam error 90

Similar behavior as the outage last week.
Power cycle does not help.
Pan cam on the same network is working fine.

1 Like

Iā€™ve lost most (4/6) of my cameras to this and itā€™s been this way for maybe 1/2 day. Itā€™s a Wyze system error. Notifications still workā€“just cannot connect to the camera to view the live feed or the playback.

I am having the exact same problem. I have recycled and it worked for a while and it went back doing the same. Need some help here. Thanks

Same hereā€¦:rage::rage:

Same. All down.

Now my v2 is working, and my pan cam is getting error 90.

Error 90 on all 8 of my camerasā€¦help pls.

I am still having this problem (but with different cameras!) but I have noticed that notifications are still working on all the cameras and can be viewed.

As a workaround I found shortcuts to be helpful. Create a shortcut that creates an autoscene alert (short 12 second video) with manual execution for all of your cameras (one shortcut for all your cameras). (You do this by selecting ā€˜Upload a short video to the cloudā€™ under device actions for each camera. ) For example call it ā€˜View Allā€™. You can then click on the shortcut at any time and get 12 second videos of each of the cameras in the shortcut thereby getting 12 second near real time viewing. Hope this helps.

Please visit and follow this topic:

1 Like

Hi,
Are there still issues with cameras connecting? I canā€™t access cameras to stream live yet I keep getting motion/sound alerts from them.
Thanks.

This is more than a service issue. Twice in a week and nearly 24 hour outages both times.

RSTP shouldnā€™t be that difficult, seems more of a choice for Wyze not to pursue.

Put the controls in the hands of those that donā€™t want to rely on Wyze if this is the new norm.

Nice to know Iā€™m not the only one. I have 5 with 3 down. Everything works great one minute and the nextā€¦ crash and burn.
I donā€™t know why I donā€™t come here first to see if Iā€™m the only one (I never am)

Even though itā€™s on the error screen, tap the gear icon and then Restart Device. That should get you back in business.

Rick, if only it were so simple. Iā€™ve tried that a dozen times, plus unplugging the device and everything else I could think of.

They have a mind of their own, thatā€™s a given.

I had same error 90, in my case I have a separate router from the modem. Routerā€™s software allows me to give or take away access to any device attempting to to use my wifi, I identified my Wyze cameras and provided specific access for them. My router is Google WiFi (3 pods).

I have 4 standard (V2) cameras and Iā€™m having problems with one of them. It all started during the server outage a few weeks ago (maybe just a coincidence). Of course, most people were getting the error code: -90 during the outage, but this one is still getting the -90 error code and is ā€œofflineā€ now. Three of the cameras are located in an antique store that we own (not at our house). The one that was giving us -90 and offline errors was the furthest away from the router and I assumed it was a WiFi connection error. I went to the shop and tried to reconnect it but I couldnā€™t get it to reinstall so I took it home and reinstalled it on my home network and tested it overnight. All was fine. On Friday, I took it back to the store and moved it near one of the working cameras. I also swapped the cord and power supply with one of the working cameras. I reset the wifi router and reinstalled the camera. Everything was fine on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday (yesterday) I had an event notification at 7:43pm and then this morning it was offline again. Restarts arenā€™t working.

They are all fairly new. I ordered one through Amazon on Sept. 27 and 3 more through Wyze on Oct. 20. I think this is one of the three ordered from Wyze. The only thing I havenā€™t done, was swap or reformat the SD card. Any help would be appreciated.

I would remove the SD card and do a factory reset (more than just re installing). See this:

Hereā€™s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesnā€™t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you donā€™t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because thereā€™s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know itā€™s already resolved when they contact you.

I should have checked these forums before I bought these useless white blocks of plastic. Security cameras shouldnā€™t be this picky and unreliable.