V2 Cam cannot be reset after firmware update

My v2 cam cannot be reset after a firmware upgrade. The light is bright amber (maybe green?yellow?orange?, I’m color blind), then dims for a second, then blinks off, then back on and clicks, then starts the bright / dim / click cycle again and repeats over and over. I’ve unplugged power, removed SD card, held the reset button for a long time, tried holding the reset button as I plugged back in, let is go through this cycle overnight in case its downloading software - basically anything that I could think of but nothing fixes it. I’ve also searched the internet and nothing matches this issue. I guess that it is bricked???
Wyze cam v2
Firmware: 4.9.7.1068
plugin version: 1.2.2.118

Sounds like what happened to one of mine. I was not able to get any version of Wyze firmware to work and all I could get working was Dafang Hacks (and that poorly).

But if you haven’t, first try factory resetting it and an SD card firmware upgrade of regular Wyze firmware.

Sorry for the trouble. Please try to manually flash the firmware: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031490871-How-to-flash-your-Wyze-Cam-firmware-manually

I am having the same issue and i wonder if this APP issue or Cam issue i don’t belive i am able to even completely and properly factory rest it via SD card i cant tell for sure but all these issue i am seeing since APP update and Firmware upgrade that been pushed last week and this week

1 Like

I follow the steps to manually flash but it’s not working. The light blue light keep flashing no matter how many seconds I hold the setup button.