The last 2 firmware updates for the V2 camera have had a high fail rate when updateing the firmware.
I never once had a problem with any update before.
Hopfuly this will not be a regular occurrence in future firmware.
My cameras are mounted high so when I have to reflash I have to use a ladder and it’s a pain.
Mine didn’t fail, but it did do what happens more often than not:
- Open up app, select camera
- Says there is a firmware upgrade, I tell it to go for it
- Takes me to a screen that says what firmware I have and what is available, I hit YEP
- It downloads the firmware, looks like it is working, gets to 100% on the progress bar, then presents me with the same screen in step 3, I hit YEP again
- It downloads the firmware again, but this time completes
Basically it seems to take two cycles through to get it to "take." Not sure what the deal is, but at least I don't have to reflash - that sucks. Sorry, man.
I often also have the same thing often happen when I have to hit update for a 2nd time.
Its only they last 2 firmwares on the V2 that the cameras are getting completely bricked. (Yellow light)
last firmware bricked 3 of 5 cameras and messed up a 4th so I had to reflash it anyway.
This new one bricked 2 of 5.