UPDATED 1/22/20 - Firmware For All Wyze Cams and Wyze Bulb Released - 1/21/20

Right. It shows in the Beta but not in the production yet. It shouldn’t be much longer for it to be fully released to production. It will be a nice feature addition when it’s ready.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you!

Hi @UserCustomerGwen, the firmware update didn’t fix the audio out of sync issue, could you please check with the team and see what could be the reason and if it could be fixed soon?

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m a user of the beta app on Android. I checked this morning and all 3 of my V2 cams are already on this firmware and there’s still a delay in the audio/video sync.

UPDATE 1/22/20:

As some of you noticed, we paused the firmware upgrades for Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan yesterday. We found a couple of issues that did not surface during the beta testing rounds that would lead to load issues with our cloud and connectivity problems for people using Wyze Cams in groups on iOS devices.

We are still working on the fixes for these issues and they will require another firmware upgrade later. In the meantime, no further devices will be upgraded to the new firmware and we are working on solutions to these problems. We expect to have a resolution in the near future. If you are having trouble viewing groups after the firmware update, please contact our customer support team so we can help:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We apologize for this experience and appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Updates not happening for me. I opened device settings on several cameras. Checked for an update. App claimed that I was up-to-date in each case, although the version shown on my iPhone was older (lower #) than the update message above. Is it still rolling out???

Please see the comment right above yours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s not just an issue with groups on ios, it’s also android. both platforms have the same connection failed error 20 after about a minute or so streaming 4 cam split screens. i have several devices i can view streams on. my main one is an 8" amazon fire android tablet, backup is 10" amazon fire android tablet, last is iphone 7plus. all three do the same after a minute+ viewing 4 cam split screen.

1 Like

After updating my 10 wyze cam yesterday, everything went fine. The only weird thing I have now it’s the « white » came with yellow tint on my 2 V2 in front of my house. They have probably done something in the white balance or something like that in the new firmware update. In this link, I have done a before and after picture for one cam:

Don’t know if it helps or not, but I’m on IOS (iPhone XR) and had 3 cameras update yesterday and I can’t find any issues at all. Playback, events, connections, etc are all working fine. I am on the Beta app though

2 Likes

It is not a good idea to jump right on firmware updates :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I usually update 2 or 3 non-essential cams for a day or two before going all in

3 Likes

As you know :slightly_smiling_face:and this holds true for not just wyze devices :expressionless:

2 Likes

So my camera has started randomly chasing non-existent motion and keeps turning to face walls.

Edit: the motion tracking is a feature that was previously not enabled. I don’t recall enabling this feature, but it’s always possible that I did this accidentally.
Also, the motion tracking feature really stinks in terms of ‘seeing’ motion everywhere and ending up pointing at walls.

1 Like

I understand you can’t be specific. But could you narrow it down to if it will launch this half of the year or not, and/or which quarter is the projected launch. I totally understand if you can’t answer. Thanks!

I’m sorry, I can’t answer. All I can tell you is that I’m currently feeling pretty optimistic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s this newest update? 4.10.5.98 for pans?

That’s the beta update. It does pretty much the same thing but should resolve the cloud and connectivity in groups issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

should get wide section of hardware version of owners to be beta testers in any successful beta test.

just my opinion.

current firmware playback not working.
new released firmware stopped.