Unable to view events on V3, but live view works fine

If I go to review an event, it loads continuously, but the live view works normally. I have an SD card in my cameras and I had formatted them so space isn’t an issue. Anyone else had similar problems?

Are you viewing events through the events tab at the bottom of the app? Those events are Cloud events, and you only get snapshots with no subscription, with cam plus lite you can get 12 second events, and with cam plus you get unlimited length.

If you want to view sd card recordings, use the “PLAYBACK” button at the bottom of the live view. Are you having trouble loading the playback? What’s the error, or just an infinite loading sign?

Thank you for the reply, IEatBeans.

I currently have CamPlusLite assigned to all my cameras. When I wanted to watch an event, I would go to the events tab at the bottom and the 12 second video was there (which is fine). It’d play and if I wanted to view the entire clip I would tap on the “Playback” button at the bottom. The problem now is that the 12 second preview on the event won’t play. The circle spins infinitely and sits there. I now have to do an extra step to view the footage when I never had to before.

Is this a design change from Wyze that I missed during an update?

Does this happen 100% of the time? Just one one cam, or all? Can you try on a different internet connection?

Also, what’s the extra step you take to get it to work?

Yes, this happens 100% of the time recently to all my cams. I was able to view the 12 second video immediately in the past, but now I have to go into the playback section to view any footage at all. It’s not a deal breaker, but it is definitely annoying.

I’ve tried both at home and on my work’s wifi and it yields the same results. I’ve tried the usual troubleshooting of uninstalling the app, sign back in, remove camera, re-add camera, format SD card, nothing seems to help.

Can you try on a diffrent device?

I can try on my partner’s phone when they get home from work tonight and give it a shot. We both have an iPhone 13 mini. I uploaded a recording of what I’m experiencing at the following YouTube link that should hopefully better explain the issue I’m having.

I could “preview” for those first 12 seconds when clicking on an event, but now nothing plays and now I have to go into playback to view any kind of video.

1 Like

Don’t release updates for Wyze app after turkey :turkey: day. All your customer base will end up with a class action lawsuit. And Home Depot will be in it too for selling your stuff. I liked you guys but now is a pain. From cameras to thermostat who is breaking my AC and Heat system. WTF is going on?

Hi all, I am experiencing the same issue with the events attempting to load for all 5 of my cameras, with the circle just spins and spins.
I too have tried different devices (iOS). I have done similar things and having simular issues as ASneakyPoptart.

2 Likes

I have the same problem on one camera. Event shows, but unable to view the event - wheel just spins

2 Likes

Same issue with me on 2/3 v3 cameras. All 3 are on the latest firmware so I’m not sure why one works and two don’t?

Same issue here, just spins when trying to play events on any camera. Maybe 1 out of 20 will play.

1 Like

I have same issue with spinning wheel on event playback . WTF !
Never had this issue until 12/22 .
Only way to fix is to reset the camera !
I use the cameras to monitor our second home and cannot reset camera if not physically present there.
I wasted a lot of time with tech support , which although very courteous and pleasant don’t have a clue how to fix this major issue !
I’ve used their older cameras for years and never ever had an issue .
I think the newer camera V3 has a major design flaw in their latest software update that they cannot fix .
They should either fix the issue with a new software update or refund everyone who uses a camera with the defective software !

I’m having the same issue. I have 5 v3 cam’s all on cam lite subscriptions, and none of the cloud clips will play. I just get a constant spinning circle. About 5% of the clips will play, but most cloud clips won’t.

Did the most recent firmware break something? How do I fix this?

1 Like

You have to restart each camera .
Not sure if you can restart cameras remotely .
Go to Settings gear , scroll all the way down to bottom of page , click on restart .
Restarting camera will not fix past event viewing , but will solve spinning wheel event issue with new event videos .
I have cam light , free version .

Let us know if this fixes long term

You have to reset your camera .
Got to settings gear
Scroll to bottom of page .
Click on reset camera .
Let me know if this worked .

You have to restart each camera .
Not sure if you can restart cameras remotely .
Go to Settings gear , scroll all the way down to bottom of page , click on restart .
Restarting camera will not fix past event viewing , but will solve spinning wheel event issue with new event videos .
I have cam light , free version .

1 Like

Larry,

This worked for me! Thank you!!

Restarting the camera is definitely NOT a long-term fix. We have 8 cams in two different cities and have been having this same issue for months - ONLY on our V2 Pan cams.
We can restart and then the events load fine…for what seems to be a random period of time before we’re back to the spinning wheel. AND restarting only fixes new events. It does nothing to fix those, which would not previously load.

2 Likes