Unable to update firmware (stuck on old version)

I tried to update the firmware on multiple existing cameras and a new camera I just added. It stops at firmware 4.36.3.19 and then says I am up to date when I attempt to update to newer firmware, but obviously there are newer versions. I never had this issue before as firmware updates would pop up or I could go in and manually update the firmware. This issue began just recently.

Tried updating in account tab, individual camera tabs, and have the latest Wyze app installed on Android.

See attached images showing the screenshot of the accounts tab saying I am up to date even though clearly there are newer versions. Also a screenshot of the individual camera tab saying I am up to date when I click on firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I would try what SlabSlayer suggested in the other thread.

Just got word that this firmware issue is fixed. Try updating again please!

2 Likes

I am having this same issue with my Cam Firmware Update. Still shows as 4.36.9.139. Cleared my Cache, logged out and logged back in and still no new update available.

1 Like

There were some issues with updates causing users who didn’t update when the update was first pushed to be stranded on that version. Wyze continues to push betas, so hopefully they will allow you to update soon.

You can manually flash the latest firmware if you have a 32 gb or less sd card and a computer to read it, or you can enroll in the beta program to get the latest updates OTA.

1 Like

See these posts for more details on the V3 Firmware status:

https://forums.wyze.com/search?context=user&context_id=slabslayer&q=4.36.10.xxxx&skip_context=false

1 Like