Unable to login to app even with a new password

Today I found I was unable to login to the Wyze app with my saved password. This was a randomly generated unique password that I haven’t used anywhere else. I was also unable to login to the website with it. I then reset the password and was able to login to the website however the app still says the new password is wrong. I removed the app and then installed it again however the issue remains.

I have emailed support but am unsure why this has happened seeing as I have had no notifications that my password was reset or that there were any logins from new devices.

you are using apple, and they have a tendency to save weird things sometimes like credentials. try restarting your phone and entering it again. it might/ should clear some cache and possibly allow it to see the new password correctly.

( what is it saying when it wont allow you to log in?)

1 Like

Thank you. That seemed to do the trick

It was saying something to the effect of the login credentials being incorrect, not indicating whether the password or email was wrong, I should have corrected that in my original post. That said I was confident the email was correct though.

1 Like

that type of thing happens quite a bit. ( they never give enough info when things go wrong) I’m glad you were able to get it working.

I just had the same problem (before I found this post) on my iPhone. I was able to log into the Wyze website on my PC with the same password, but it wouldn’t work on my phone. So on my phone, I clicked the forgot password, entered the code they emailed me, and then input a “new” password – really just the old one that should have worked in the first place. Now I’m back in and everything’s working properly.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. I don’t get an error it just goes back to the login screen. I use 2FA. I tried restarting my phone as previously suggested and that did not resolve the issue.

1 Like