Typo in pop up for Doorbell Pro

Should this be “Got it” instead of “Get it”

This is for the doorbell pro when failing to connect. (I have caused some self inflicted issues with my network recently)

I think so. Good catch! I love when people find stuff like that, because it seems like it should be an easy fix to make the app look more professional. It reminds me of this topic:

I’m still not sure what the best way is to kick these up to the appropriate app developer(s) from the user forum, though I’ve occasionally seen Moderators say they’d do this. I’ve reported similar things to recent fix-it-friday topics, but I haven’t yet seen any action on them.

(I repeated that one in this month’s fix-it-friday.)

If a Moderator doesn’t comment in the next few days or so, then we could just tag 'em, but I hate to bug 'em too much 'cause I’m not sure how best to report these types of issues. I think I’ll ask in the Forum Operations Feedback Thread if they’d consider adding a #typo tag for these sorts of things. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess the word from the other topic is to report it to Wyze Support:

I’ve done some of that in the past, but I think when I notice these going forward I’ll probably do this (which may be overkill, but at least I’ll feel like I’ve done my part to get something corrected):

1. Submit a log from the app when I see this sort of thing.
  2. Follow-up the log by opening a ticket with Support (which Wyze’s system is going to prompt me to do after I submit a log anyway).
  3. Post here on the Forum in the Wyze App category using the bug tag as you did, but include the log and ticket #s in the post.
  4. Use the :bookmark: Bookmark tool (or my calendar, if I don’t plan to visit the Forum routinely) to set a follow-up reminder so that if/when the bug/typo is remediated, I can ask the Moderators to close the topic.

I should probably do those very things with the fix-it-friday bugs I mentioned earlier…. :thinking:

:pencil2: Edit: I added step #4 above :point_up: as a reminder to myself to follow-up on these things and tie up loose ends, hopefully making the process more complete.

1 Like