Tip to help vacuum dock to charging station

That’s a great idea. Of course, it would have been better if Wyze spent a few pennies more to have a larger base on that charging stand in the first place so people wouldn’t have to figure out tricks to get it to charge.

It’s narrow, tall, and weighs almost nothing. What did Wyze think was going to happen?

Found another easy working solution. Go to your local big box hardware store and in the flooring department they sell 1 foot squares of thin linoleum tiles. They will only sell it by the whole box (unless you are buying more than a box, in which case they will break open a box to sell the extra tiles). I asked to buy 4 tiles, and the salesman said that they cannot sell single tiles, but that I could take 4 since they simply throw away the extra unboxed tiles. I then laid them down along the wall to create a 2x2 square “platform”, put the charger along the baseboard and voila everything now works great. The beauty of this solution is that they had lots of boxes of the stuff open so I could even pick the color to better match the carpet…

It would be nice if there was an upper/lower “dock fins” that would allow the vacuum to “slide” in between them and guide it to the proper space. Mine has a similar issue where it slightly tips back due to the carpeting. Lower fin would prevent tipping back, upper fin would prevent tipping forward.

Just to note, this is a common problem with all robo vacuums that use the mini charging station.

Some sellers have gone as far as to include a plastic tray (like a plastic mat that you stick under) that attaches to the charging dock to give more structure for when the vacuum starts to connect.

When parking on carpet. Use a 1/4" x 15"x15" piece of plywood. Attach the base to the plywood with wood screws. You’ll need to drill 2 small holes at the front to the base. This will fix the problem,

I have been having the same problem with mine. I had it on my list of problems to solve. I finally got around to it and this was my solution. Wyze Robot Vacuum Dock Fix - YouTube

I have added a link to my Esty listing that I just created. I have had them removed when I post them directly in the forum. I don’t care if anyone buys it or not I am not really trying to sell a bunch of crap I just like fixing things and sharing my fixes but I can share them for free.

6 Likes

So I went to your Etsy store thinking, I’ll buy the file. Wow, that’s a BIG store you got. Lots of items, sales and great reviews. CONGRATZ! Decided to buy 2 preprinted, clear out some inventory!

Thanks, Yeah just almost 3 years of just solving little problems I have had. Did you get my message on Etsy about the spacers?

1 Like