Timelapse on IOS

i have not been able to download or view any timelapse I create. It says for me to be on the same network, which I am and I have already gave it permission… I have also tried formatting the sd card… Still nothing… why is this feature not working?

i have an iphone 6s plus with ios 13.2.2.

Viewing Your Time Lapse

When your Time Lapse reaches the end of the scheduled time, it will be listed in the Album in your Wyze app. You access the Album by tapping the View Album button on the Time Lapse settings tab or from Live Stream > More icon > Album .

The Time Lapse video needs to be downloaded from the microSD card to your phone’s gallery before you can view it. To do this, make sure that the Wyze app has permission to access your phone’s photo gallery, and your smart device is connected via WiFi (since they are big files).

If you have not granted this permission, you will not see the Time Lapse in the Album of your Wyze app. You can change the permissions for your phone or tablet’s photo gallery in your device’s settings in order to grant permission to the Wyze app to download and view your Time Lapse.

Tap on the Download icon on the video thumbnail to download the Time Lapse.

You can also retrieve the Time Lapse directly from the microSD card by removing the card from the camera and reading it with a computer.

4 Likes

I have given the app permission as I can take photos and videos from the Wyze app and view them using Wyze…but when it comes to timelapse videos… I cannot view them or download them… I keep getting this…

IMG_0544

Have you tried this?

You can also retrieve the Time Lapse directly from the microSD card by removing the card from the camera and reading it with a computer.

That would be too much of a hassle for me because of the location of the cameras.

1 Like

To verify “same network”:
What is the IP address assigned to your camera? (find it under the cam’s Device Info in the Wyze app).
What is the IP address assigned to the iPhone? (found under Settings/WiFi/info).

Are you using a dual-band router (2.4 and 5 GHz)?

I’ve encountered this same problem. In some environments, even though my V2 and iPhone are on the same subnet, the camera will refuse to download TL recordings. Wyze has acknowledged the issue.

1 Like

Wyze cams are on 192.168.1.xx
Phone is 192.168.1.xx
Which means same network.

and iphone and cams are on 2.4ghz
Hopefully Wyze can fix this soon.