Thermostat needs Heat and Cool independant schedules. Auto is useless!

I just got and installed the thermostat. Also, I just found out the schedule will not run without some hardware decoder setting being on in the app. Why can’t the app sync the schedule to the thermostat after you set up the schedule? Also, change the gas furnace testing picture to a vent and not say radiator.

Also in the install directions, my furnace had two wires going to the Y connection on the furnace, One for the air conditioner and one for the thermostat. Following your directions required me to hook both the Y wires to the C wire adapter causing both my air and heat to run at the same time. You needed to mention I needed to leave the red wire from the air conditioner on the control board. This caused me many issues.

2 Likes

I initially did the same thing with the two wires, and it would run heating cool for about 12 hours before I realized it wasn’t getting any hotter and I was burning through gas…

And I’ve had nothing but trouble with the auto schedule. I desire it to be closer to a single temperature than the five degree spread, so I would prefer it to set a single temperature like 72°, and if it goes 3 above and hit 75 it switches to cooling. If it goes 3° below and hit 69 it switches to heat, but it still sits around 72°. Instead of a broad range from 70 to 75, or 71 to 76…

And the auto mode when I had the schedule set for no apparent reason would change it to about 68° in the morning… Eventually had to just delete the schedule to make it stop changing it to freezing every morning…