Thermostat compatible with online checker but not app?

Got the thermostat today but App says its not compatible. Online checker says it is. the wires i have are RC, W, Y, G. Any guidance is appreciated or do i need to send it back?

Welcome to the Wyze community @scottsteinkritz!
This seems like an inconstancy. @Chuan may be able to help sort this out. It should work because my thermostat has the same wires and it is working properly. When you enter the wires into the app, and make sure you don’t include any jumper wires.

Rc W Y G wiring is definitely compatible, you will need to install the C-wire adapter (in the box) on the furnace or air handling unit. If the App says it is not compatible, please make sure you selected on only selected Rc, W1, Y1 and G.
Best,

1 Like

@Brlepage @Chuan This seems to be an issue with a few people including myself. The website says my setup is compatible, but the app doesn’t. B,R,G,Y,W2,C.

A friend of mine with the same setup as @scottsteinkritz had the same issue, but said it was compatible in MY app, and not his. He ended up re-installing the app and it let him proceed.

Kinda scares people away from an install… hope this helps!

Hi David,
Thank you for the report. I just tried in my app with B, R, G, Y1, W2 and C. It shows it is compatible (screenshot is included).
Could you let me know what app version you tried?

I recieved my new Wyze thermostat today but App says its not compatible. Online checker says it is. the wires i have are G, B, R, W1, W2. Any guidance is appreciated or do i need to send it back?

2.16.23 is the version I have installed for IOS

thank you. can you see the same page after inputting your wires? I am using the same app version but mine is saying compatible.

After a re-install of the app, I got that page. I am up and running, and have a few issues, but working well.

Good afternoon. New user and same challenge.

Online says good, app says no.

X2, O, G, Y, T, R, W, B

Appreciate the help.

iOS 16.0, App 2.35.0.13 … tried re-install two times.