The Best Sound in the World: Wyze Cordless Vacuum Preorder - 6/1/21

I hear you. ~10 minutes runtime is a deal breaker. I have a feeling that medium suction is going to be too weak. $60 for an extra battery is not bad https://wyze.com/wyze-cordless-vacuum-battery-pack.html

Unhappy with Robot Vacuum?
Based on user complains, most issues are with mapping. I don’t even bother with mapping. I press start and walk away. Upon completion, I physically carry to the charger or to a next room.

2 Likes

Same with me, I don’t really use the mapping. Things change position too often and I don’t want the vacuum to remember “walls” or barriers that are no longer in that same spot and end up skipping cleaning somewhere. In my opinion it works great to make it start from scratch every single time. I just carry it whatever location I want cleaned and press the start button, then come back and pick it up when it’s done, maybe move it to another location if there is enough battery left.

So you use it like my dumb laserless robot vac that was half the price. :slight_smile:

(I don’t actually have to pick mine up very often. It returns to base fine.)

I pick mine up because I have 4 floors separated by stairs. Sometimes I’ll use a ramp (though not on long staircases), but sometimes I just carry it. If I run the robovac on the same floor as the base station then it returns just fine every time. Otherwise if it is on a different floor, then it’s impossible to return to the base, so it just returns to whatever spot I originally dropped it off at and waits for me to take it back to the floor where the base is. I can then tell it to go find the base, or just carry it all the way, either way.

The benefit of the laser, even if I don’t always use the remembered mapping is that every time it runs it will do the first run around the boundaries of the current layout (while cleaning the boundaries, so there is no wasted time), and while it does that it decides the most optimal cleaning pattern. This is WAY more effective and faster and better than most of the bump and go vacuums that often miss spots or go over the same area multiple times or waste a lot of bumping time.

And I always have the option to remember some floors if I want to.

1 Like

I was wondering WHY you haven’t included a Wall Mount charging station for the Wyze Cordless Vacuum? The Moosoo even has one that works great. I ordered one of the new Wyze Cordless Vacuums but it really need a wall mount charging station to allow for a place to store it and charge it simultaneously. This should have been included from the beginning.

I believe it does have some type of mount already right? In the FAQ, it says below…

"How does the Wall Mount Base work? Does it have to be near a plug?

Use the included Wall Mount to store your Wyze Cordless Vacuum. It can be used to hold the main unit, crevice tool, and 2-in-1 dust brush. Yes, it does need to be installed near a power outlet for charging."

2 Likes

Wall mount base included

3 Likes

Is the HEPA a ‘standard’ size or specific to this vacuum?

In my box that was delivered, the charging cable is about 2 to 3 feet long and there was not a wall mount(base) included.

As for the the handheld vacuum itself? Battery lasts no where near 30 minutes.

And the sucking power of it is pretty low.
The whirring sound that they made the motor have sounds impressive. But, doesn’t pick up diet and sand like you get on the floor or your car.

I keep my Dyson in the garage just outside the door to my laundry room. I run an extension cord to plug it in.

This thread is about the cordless stick vacuum not the handheld vacuum you are refering to

1 Like

You are referring to the cordless vacuum and not the handheld vacuum correct?

If you were talking about the handheld vacuum then you can vote for it here… Sorry for the confusion

1 Like

:thinking:

Sorry , yes I was confused. This vacuum I was posting about was the handheld cordless.

2 Likes

Thank you for asking questions about both products.

1 Like

@Chuan
I’m curious , Can you definitively answer this question ?

Did this stick vac have early testers like other products? Interested in their feedback…

1 Like

Hi at the shipping portion of the order iget a dial spinning and cannot continue. you all having issues?

This seems like yet another under powered product from Wyze, that will have zero support and fixes when it fails.

1 Like