Take photo not working in Android app v2.8.24

In the Android app v2.8.24, I can no longer take a photo while a video that is playing back from the SD card is paused. The message “playback is paused” is displayed.

1 Like

I just tried this with Wyze v2.8.24 running under Android 9 on a Galaxy S9+ and a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 128GB (2019 version). Was able to successfully Take Photo from Live Stream and SD Playback and view both in Album. Tested in conjunction with v2 cam f/w v4.9.5.98.

Can you please confirm that your playback from SD card was paused when you took the photo? I am running the same version of the app and the same versio of the firmware as you. My devices are Android v7 and v8.

Yes. I tried running and paused.

Edit: hold on a sec… I have an idea…

Ah ha! It works as I stated, but all of my tests were performed with landscape view. When I rotate viewing device to portrait, I get the same as you… “Playback is paused”. That’s a definite bug. :+1:

2 Likes

Good catch. How do we bring this to the attention of the developers?

1 Like

I’m not sure how it’s done. @WyzeGwendolyn or @Mavens should be able to vet this, and if new, put it in the dev queue/bug list. This post alone with their mentions alerts them.

2 Likes

Hi @mwark and @Seapup. I have moved this topic out of the Beta category because the issue you’re both seeing is in the public release version. If you want to submit a bug to Wyze, you can do it from within the app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. This will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. Using the public version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team if you change the email address to dev @ wyze . com. Keep in mind, you will not receive a response from support because the email is going to the dev team. If you receive a ticket number, post it here for reference.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

very good catch. way to think around an issue to re create it.

3 Likes

Ticket number for this is 461837.

2 Likes

Thank you Dread! And thanks for the non-beta bug reporting proc. Will keep in mind next time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Bam. Probably just a minor front-end mapping typo. I see @mwark reported the issue and received the ticket #.

1 Like

Thank you for identifying this issue and following through by reporting it @mwark! :+1:

Found your app log, Will take a look with engineering team. Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes