Support request closed without resolution

I created a support request on December 23. [Wyze Ticket 1689138]. I am paying for camplus, but my camera is doing the 5 minute cool down still. I restarted and upgraded and did everything I was asked to do. The resolution was to give me 1 more month of the thing that doesn’t work which I don’t even know if that happened… but what was really surprising is that the request was closed.

Should I just expect that I should pay for something that doesn’t work? Or was this support rep out of line in closing the request?

Thanks

What did they tell you to do to fix your issue. Did you go to your account on the app, then services to see if your camera is listed there and is activated? If I were you I would call support on the phone at 206-339-9646 or 1 -844-999-3226 and speak to someone else.

Account>Services, This is mine and I have one camera a V3 on Cam Plus.

This is the last response I got on a support request that was closed…

Jonathan Q. (Wyze)

Dec 26, 2021, 8:32 AM PST

Hi Phillip

Thank you for submitting a log! This greatly helps our engineering team as they work to better improve our products and the Wyze app.

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

I also extended your Cam Plus subscription another month as compensation while our Engineers are looking into and fixing this issue.

I hope this helps. Should you have any other concerns or inquiries in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. We will always be here to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Wyze. Keep safe always.

Warmest regards,

Jonathan Q. | Wyze Wizard

That is a standard support reply except the part of extending you cam plus for one month. Which camera and which version of firmware? Did you check your account to see if the camera is there and activated ?
Did you just recently get the cam and or cam plus? I do not think CP is activated on your camera.

I updated firmware, removed licenses and re added it… and I’ve completely powered down the camera multiple times. I have many other cameras on my account and only some with this issue…

I’m wondering if it has something to do with grandfathering in and discounts or something… I’ve had camplus since the day it was released and at one point I had different annual/discounted licenses on some cameras, but when I look now all the licenses appear to the same. I can’t remember if the cameras with the issue are the ones that were grandfathered in with pricing and that appears to be gone now anyway.

Well I had CP on 4 Wyze Outdoor cams for 4 months then I added a V3 with cam plus. When I did that they combined all 5 cams into one account so the payment for all would be on the same date. They did send refund $$$ for the unused months of the original cams that I had paid for one year. Things got screwed up with the account and the 4 WCO would not allow video downloads anymore. I cancelled the CP so I could download event videos I wanted. I still think you need to talk to support on the phone, it isn’t your cam it’s the cam plus account that is screwed.

That is their “new”? response…“Thank you for submitting a ticket but we don’t know how to fix it so we are closing your ticket, have a nice day and be sure to buy more Wyze crap. Sonny”

Well its time for a class action law suit

Are you referring to the “sound” activated clips? The “motion” clip with the recognized object tags is a camplus video clip in your screen shot. The “sound” activated clips are not apart of camplus. Camplus is complete motion capture where it records clips for the duration of the motion.

If you’re serious…Count me in.

It would be nice

@pkuzma The fix : Since you have 8 cameras Just cancel cam plus on all the cameras, get a refund then purchase the Yearly Unlimited Cam plus $99.00 for 99 licenses. You will save a few dollars and you can add more cameras to give you a bigger headache. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have actually started looking for an attorney. Are you still interested?

I bet you could get alot of people, the attorneys need to have access to the forums