Strange creature captured

I have installed cam pan indoor and there are multiple occasions for the last few days where I found a strange creature being captured in night mode that I have no idea what it is. It has been crawling on the wall but there is no sign of it. I’m unable to attach video since I’m new user. I have had this camera for the past 2 years and never saw

2 Likes

Hello @adityabhoga and welcome to the community.

I have made it so you can upload if you would like.

2 Likes

I just uploaded the video. Thanks for giving me the access.
Added few more videos captured 2 days back.

That’s a spider. Not sure what kind (kind of looks like an orb weaver of some sort), but definitely a spider.

8 Likes

@adityabhoga
I tend to agree with @towelkingdom on this one, definitely looks like a spider.

2 Likes

Wanted to believe the same, but looking at the size of it make me rethink. Will post new videos if I see anything new. Also I just kept another camera pointing to this camera to capture it from another angle, will monitor for couple of days

The reflection of the IR lights makes insects, dust, and spiders look much larger than they actually are. I see the same on my cams all of the time. What looks huge through the camera is very small in reality. There have been hundreds of videos uploaded to the forum over the years of the same thing. The first one is definitely a spider. The second one looks like an insect flying by.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your valuable information. Hope it’s just a spider.

4 Likes

Good spider example on YouTube captured on Wyze cams.

2 Likes

This “giant” spider measured only 2mm across. After repeatedly blocking my view, he’s now about 4mm across and resting peacefully on my flyswatter. :grinning:

10 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

Poor little fella :spider:

4 Likes
4 Likes

yikes ugh whoa twitch2

1 Like

I get moths and an occasional bat. Night vision will make them look like strange creatures or even a haunting at times

1 Like

It is a bat. Looks like it is going to water.

I’d say that one of the clues that it is a spider is that he walks back on almost the same path in a realtively short time - a few seconds. That’s web building behavior.

3 Likes

It’s a spider

I have actually used this camera outdoors. Learned how to use it without wi-fi and a battery pack. I do believe this can actually catch apparitions and orbs etc. I’m in a paranormal team and we use it a lot. I attached a still screen shot from the activity. Again its all in the mind of the beholder. This is not the only occasion. The top of the heads are marked with orange dot. Just be open minded and enjoy.
best_app (2)

What?

1 Like