Squirrels eating my wires!

In April I purchased I purchased 2 of the Wyze Cam Outdoor v2 with 2 solar panels. Squirrels ate my wires on both solar panels. Any idea on what to do about this problem???

Call support and I’m sure they’ll send you a replacement! :slight_smile:

Are you looking for a solution to replace\repair the wires or to eradicate the tree rats? I am sure I can find many users with suggestions on the latter.

Did they chew thru the Solar Panel cord or the adapter?

Either way, it’s probably not going to be covered under the warranty since it was caused by tree rats. And, if it is the solar panel cord, it isn’t replaceable like the adapter is.

If it were me, I would try to repair the wire if the internal wires are clearly color coded, but some may not have the tools to do that. Perhaps an electronic repair shop.

You can try customer support, but again, I wouldn’t think tree rat damage is covered.

1 Like

Scents like white pepper, black pepper, and garlic are naturally unpleasant to a squirrel. The same goes for sweet smells such as peppermint. Try spraying the area with water and then sprinkling on pepper or peppermint oil to deter squirrels.

3 Likes