Sprinkler Controller - AC Adapter/Controller Failure Out of the Box

Thanks! I was able to get them to send me a new one as well. Works well so far.

I had the same problem twice. First one flipped the breaker in the house. 2nd one just started smoking. I read 200 degrees f with my ir thermometer.

I’m returning both (Amazon prime) and will be buying a different brand. Cheap at the expense of safety isn’t even going to be considered. Very dangerous product; should probably be recalled. Like how many power bricks do you have in your house? A few dozen? And I’ve never had any but these overheat or flip a breaker. Totally unacceptable.

Just purchased and installed my Wyze sprinkler controller ( I have many other devices). Easy 5 minute setup. Ran first Zone successfully for 30 minutes. Went to run 2nd Zone, sprinklers came on for 10 seconds. Almost lost my fingerprints pulling the power cube out of the outlet. This is ridiculous. I hope I can get a replacement quickly-calling tomorrow (Monday).This is an absolute fire hazard.

UPDATE Coincidently Zone 2 valve failed. Replaced both while was in the box. Both Zones now work (1-minute test each zone) however unplugged power cube until I get a replacement for fear of overheating again.