Split notification types

I use IFTTT for a lot of automation. When I’m home I turn off notifications for all camera detections. I obviously don’t need an alert every time a kid walks thru their room. However, I still want notification if the back door, front door or some other contact sensor is opened. It’d be nice to get the option to split notification types and not make it all or nothing.

For now IFTTT notification control is all or nothing. However, you can use IFTTT to turn on/off camera motion detection on a per-camera basis, but leave other notifications on. Not exactly what you’re asking for, but might get you what you need.

There is a #wishlist topic for additional IFTTT features: Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions. You can vote for that by clicking the VOTE button at the top of that topic and suggest any additional features not already on its wish list by replying to the topic.

There is a similar topic for Wyze Shortcuts: Add More Actions for Wyze Rules.

Speaking of Shortcuts, you can currently control notifications on a per camera basis using Shortcuts. This might be useful for you.

1 Like