Spamoni4 joins the Maven crew! 12/30/21

You notice how people don’t ask about other people that much? How come I’m the only selfless one here?

Me, me, me, fix my problem, talk about me, yeeesh, it gets old… :blush:

2 Likes

Yes. Mostly it’s to avoid hearing they’ve died.
proxy-image(15)

It was good you made that small.

Honestly it would be appropriate for every web site to have a banner mourning her. The last crappy news of 2021.

Here’s what I wrote, without being a particular fan, and without checking references. Does it stand?

She had a crazy long and broad career, sexy and funny, playful and bright. I like to think that she co-wrote (by improv) much of her comedy, it seemed that natural and light. If you doubt she was sexy, think of Donna Reed in From Here to Eternity, or Shirley Jones in Elmer Gantry, or Reed again in Wonderful LIfe

She was genuine, I think, the real deal. High praise.

1 Like

Prett much, although not entirely sure about the sexiness. Agreed on Donna Reed - the scene where Sam Wainwright calls the house is the hottest, most smoldering scene in cinema.

I watched the pilot of Life With Elizabeth. It was pretty bad, if innocuous, and they were wasting Betty’s talent even back then.

Her big draw was her wit. SO smart and quick. She did a few game shows 10-15 years ago and was the smartest person anywhere near the stage.

Certain actresses of a certain era beamed wholesomeness. I don’t think you can will that, you have to just let it out.

My evidence with Betty was a single still image from her youth that stuck in my mind.