Sound Sensitivity Level

I have the Wyze Cam v2 with Installed firmware version: 4.9.3.64 using iOS app version V2.0.21 and have the sound sensitivity set to 1 and I get 5 to 10 sound detection alerts per day. Apparently things go bump in the night. It may be the refrigerator or just general building creeks.

Is there any way to set the sound sensitivity even lower?

1 Like

Being completely serious here, I don’t use the sound detection because many sounds detected by my cameras were nowhere near them, so nothing useful was captured. I go exclusively with motion detection.

1 Like

I’ve thought of that, but I’d like to get legitimate sound detection such as fire alarms.

Sounds detection doesn’t need to be on for the smoke and CO detection to work. I know that for a fact because I installed new ones of both types today, and then tested them. Cameras picked up the sounds and sent me alerts.

EDIT: I also didn’t have sound detection turned on for any of those cameras.

2 Likes

Just acquired a couple of V2 cams along with the others and yes I noticed the same thing here set set sound detection to the lowest level doesn’t work it should be similar to turning the volume knob open amplifier down to the minimum removing any sound from being detected or output or input. I’d love to hear from somebody who can confirm this as an issue across the product line of the V2. Hard to believe this basic function is not functioning.

Unless I am wrong, it has happened before, the sound sensitivity will not adjust what the camera is hearing but will only adjust how much sound it takes to set off a sound alert.

1 Like

I suspect the sound threshold setting being used is linear. It should work much better if it were set using a logarithmic scale, which is how human hearing works. Doing so will provide better threshold resolution at low levels without sacrificing dynamic range. If you agree, or have no idea what I just said but want to eliminate many low level false triggers, then :heart: this!

3 Likes