Someone viewing camera

I have 3 Wyze cameras. One in the newer model with the blue light that turns red when someone is viewing the feed. This will turn red at home when both my husband and I are home. We have repeatedly changed the password to the camera. Last night my husband put his face into the camera and it cut to blue right away. Someone is accessing the feed. It worries me because the other two cameras do not have a indicator when someone is on the feed looking. Besides changing the password is there something else we can do at home?

2 Likes

Viewing includes anything being sent to the cloud for an event. So anytime you create a motion event, the color changes. Makes it pretty worthless in my opinion. And of course any camera that you don’t want to advertise the location, you need to turn the light off anyway.

1 Like

I had exact same scenario. In my case there was one more problem - led indicator was sometimes providing weird indication. Tried different things but finally understood that v3 camera was connected to v2 power brick. They look identical but v3’s provides twice as power. My v3 camera had spotlight kit connected - not enough power from v2 brick.
After connecting to proper brick - led indication was predictable. You in your case seem to run camera with no cam plus subscription. Try next thing - wait for cool off period of >5 min and then come to camera view looking to led indicator. You will see that it will change to red for precisely 12 seconds. And then go back to blue. BTW after adding cam plus there is no such indication during recording - only when accessed live view in app.

Welcome to the forums! I highly believe your status light is changing due to the camera detecting motion.You can test this by going into the settings of the camera that your husband stuck his face into, and disable motion detection in the event recording section of the settings. now back out of the camera and app, and let the camera sit and it should remain blue at all times (except one live viewing). Try this and let us know if the issue stops.

Status light state: What does the light mean?
Solid red light Camera is powered and starting up, or Watching live stream or Recording alarm video

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052539432-Understanding-your-Wyze-Cam-v3-Status-Light

1 Like

To be clear, there is no “feed”. The cameras send video only when asked or when motion-detected or timed recording is active as described above. No one is intercepting anything in your case. Stop worrying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have six WYZE cameras: Three v3, and Three WYZE Cam Pans.

When someone, with whom I’ve shared viewing, is watching on my V3 cameras, the status light turns solid red, and returns to solid blue when they stop viewing.

This does not occur on the Pan Cams.

This is an FYI of my experience with the cameras.

I also have five NEST Cameras, and their status light blinks whenever someone is “watching”.

I’m having this same issue and we live out in the boonies so someone is accessing it remotely. I know it isn’t because of motion detection because I stand out of sight range of the camera and look and it’s red while I’m looking and then turns blue when I get in the frame like someone has been caught. It’s FREAKY. I used to love Wyze based on the owners but this is the second issue I’ve had with Wyze cams. Such a shame as it’s so cheap and such good quality.

1 Like

@carrieliz94
We care deeply about security and our security folks would like to look into this. If you could get in touch with security@wyze.com and they can and will look into this.

2 Likes

This can be edited in the settings i use it everyday to turn the light on to show ppl its a cam in my widow click the cam then goto settings then click on status light. I think you can ftp to your cam to see. Who’s connected via ip address (mycabin)

2 Likes

Any more info on connecting to the cameras to view the IP address(es) that are accessing the cameras? That’s why I came to this forum.

The v3 in my son’s room has been turning red more often the last couple nights, and I haven’t changed any settings. All our cams are up to date.

Thanks!