SmartThings Integration

I get that, but integration with an existing and rather gigantic group of enthusiastic SmartThings users? Or concepting, prototyping, development, beta testing (and whatever else it takes to bring a new product to marke) of a smart scale?

I don’t know … I love Wyze, but rushing new niche products like scales and low-end SmartWatches to market vs. rounding out solid and appropriate 3rd party integrations with existing products … you’d be hard pressed to convince me that one of the founders of the company didn’t want a new vacation home or something when that decision was made LOL.

Again though I love, applaud, and praise them for what they’ve done despite that. Wish I was there with 'em on day one too!

1 Like

not that I agree with the scale, but usually product/hardware teams and back-end/integration teams are two totally separate groups. New products and integrations aren’t mutually exclusive.

Would love to see SmartThings integration…my system would be integrated!!! I have over 60 SmartThings devices so fully vested but prefer Wyze cams (7 and counting) so the union would be perfect

1 Like

Did you vote for this at the top of the thread?

2 Likes

I would be glad to be a beta tester. I use both Smartthing in 3 installs and have Wyze in the 3 locations. The integration would make Wyze my preferred sensor/control.
Great products, this is the only shaft fall.
Todd

1 Like

@tbinns Welcome to the Wyze community! You can join the Beta group anytime. If you want to start using the Beta Testing software for Android go to the Google Play Store and check it out.

To access the Android Beta app, go to the Google play store and search for Wyze labs, scroll down a bit and tap on join the Beta. Afterwards delete the production app and install the Beta app.

Beta

1 Like

Registered an account to vote for this. I would buy several cameras if I could integrate them with ST.

4 Likes

Agreed. I registered an account to vote for this. I would but $200+ in Wayze cameras if they integrated with Smartthings.

2 Likes

Can’t wait…

2 Likes

Yes, please prioritize this effort. Thousands of people would buy wyzecams with this integration. The ST community is huge with millions of users. I would personally buy at least 8 more cams for the 3 home levels and outside.

1 Like

I am excited and can’t wait for this! IFTTT keeps bugging out on me so my camera’s don’t always turn on when an intrusion is detected by Smartthings. Having one less link in the chain would make things much more reliable.

1 Like

Are there any news on this topic, @WyzeGwendolyn? Thank-you

2 Likes

This integration is a must!

3 Likes

No news at this point. Thanks for checking! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m subscribed to this thread in the event that an actual relevant update may be posted officially by Wyze. can we make it so email notifications are only sent if @WyzeGwendolyn adds to the thread rather than every individual person who comments on how much their anticipating the integration?

1 Like

^^ THIS!! We know everyone wants this and it’s ridiculous a “smart” device company has no sort of supported integrations with anything else (I’m 100% not counting IFTTT as a smart or valuable integration). Tired of all the “me too” emails, but would be interested to know if/when I should reconsider Wyze for smart home devices.

1 Like

Oooh… That would probably take custom work with the forum platform devs we work with. But having a setting where you only receive updates for forum staff posting would be interesting. :thinking:

6 Likes

I absolutely CONCUR!!
I can not over emphasize how massive a change in both my personal perspective and my ability to specify Wyze products for system integrations I design or for which I provide guidance. Having a clean integration with a partner such as SmartThings would radically increase the value and acceptance of Wyze products from a both a stability and redundancy perspective.

Relying on a component with no second source when designing and integrating a smart home system is both foolish and just plain bad practice. Given the number of smart home system manufacturers that have changed key aspects of their systems, dropped key integrations, or simply failed and closed their doors, an integrator must consider these key issues when designing any system. It is one of the key responsibilities of an integrator to provide a system that has both a mapped product lifeline, and plan for unexpected redundancies or failures. A key aspect to this is to specify systems that are not sole sourced.

Wyze has some excellent components priced at levels that can open the door to many use cases where the client is either working with tight budget constraints, or volume applications where single units costs are critical due to the size and scope of the project. However, I can not currently recommend nor can I currently specify Wyze due to the single source nature of their products and ecosystem. If Wyze provides a clean integration with other ecosystems or open source their specifications, these barriers would fall, providing a clear channel to inclusion in these opportunities.

I hope that the C-Suite of Wyze reads and considers these comments, as the scope of projects that this would open for Wyze is not to be underestimated. This step would put Wyze on solid footing to really start to dominate their market space.

3 Likes

Wish it would happen .
‘ researching’ since April .
Not holding my breath .

2 Likes

HomeKit has been in the researching stage much longer and we are still getting the same excuse that the cameras don’t work with it but they never mention any of the other products. I love Wyze but I wouldn’t hold your breath that Smartthings will come out much faster. I have both and voted for both integrations but I think Wyze is really trying to make their app the main controller of all Wyze products.

1 Like