Smarter, Better, Faster, Stronger: Wyze Robot Vacuum! 11/10/20

How does this handle dog hair? I know robo vac’s aren’t the best with that.

2 Likes

Ahh, one LEVEL. I feel dumb now! My brain went to floor type when i read single floor.

3 Likes

I mean no insult or harm here, but for the first time, I believe a product from Wyze has strayed from your mission. There are already many comparable products at this price-point. Some of those are from companies with an established reputation in the robot vacuum market.

Every other product in the Wyze stable takes an existing market and shakes it up by offering quality (although not typically high end functionality) at extraordinarily fair and reasonable prices. That isn’t the case here. Sure it might be cheap at the pre-order level, but so to are other products from up-and-comers trying to break into an industry.

This product just doesn’t make sense in the Wyze Universe. I wonder if Wyze is struggling financially and the solution is to flood the market with tons of new products. I hope not, as I like Wyze. I just don’t like this decision.

2 Likes

How well is this vacuum going to work on dark carpet?

I want one. But it wont ship to Canada. :frowning:

I have a Neato that I love as it was so smart, but its broken. I have a much older Roomba that works but it has no brains. This looks great. I’ve love to get one for my main floor so I could let the Roomba go live in the basement. I really want that built in virtual wall feature.

Everything is long past warranty so this would be as cheap as fixing the old stuff and likely be much better. But… I can’t order in Canada.

Cal.

2 Likes

There is a warning that some dark carpets cannot be cleaned. My guess is because of the sensor light absorption? I don’t know. They also ask it not be used on shag carpets (carpets with very long fibers).

1 Like

How long does it run on standard mode and how many sq.ft can it cover in one charge. Trying to compare against my roborock which can do 150mins and can cover 150sq.m in one charge

And does it remember to contine where it left off after a charging schedule didn’t complete the full map due to running out of battery

Ordered… It’s gonna be like Christmas day around here hopefully soon. Waiting on Thermostats, Headphones, Door Bell Cameras, V3 cameras, and now a Robot Vacuum.

4 Likes

So when you say Alexa…you mean Alexa for USA only? When is Alexa going to be available world wide.

Also is this only available in USA?

Is this going to be a Tuya or Xiaomi chipset? Will it work with Home Assistant?

1 Like

What about ramps/inclines?

How steep of an incline will it ascend? Obviously at some point it doesn’t have the power and would detect some inclines as an object, but it also can’t require 100% level situations. Has anyone tested the incline limitations? For example, floors that have a single step, some people will put a little ramp out, and if the slope is gradual enough, the robot can use it to get to the other rooms.

I know it can ascend 2cm levels, but what are the incline limitations (power & or detection limiting effects)? Also, has anyone tested using a ramp that inclines using multiple 2cm increases over a certain distance to see if you can bypass a step?

Does it have ability to empty itself when full?

1 Like

Your Rroborock seems beefier. I’ve never vacuumed anywhere near 1,615 square feet – my whole house isn’t that big. I don’t believe I’ve gotten as far as 150 minutes either. The video above says expect 110.

Yes, if the robot runs out of charge, it will return to the charging station, and resume the map when it recharges a bit (stops at 7% charge, resumes at 60%).

A complication to your question is I doubt anyone has spent much time in ‘standard’ mode either. By default I believe it uses the more economical ‘quiet’ mode, and people use the higher ‘strong’ mode for deeper cleaning.

2 Likes

The dust bin is emptied manually.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 3.51.44 PM

4 Likes

Thanks. i think the battery difference answers the other question. Wyze has 3200mah battery and roborock has 5200mah. So if i run at standard suction i can see it covering only half the distance.

It’s a 200 USD robot vacuum. What you’re asking is way more expensive. I think the cheapest one with this feature is up and beyond 600 USD, so no…

3 Likes

Very interested, but how have tests been with pet hair. Have a chocolate lab and if tests have been good, it is a no brainer to get this. If we end up buying and it fails to pickup the hair and/or gets tangled, what is the return policy?

1 Like

this looks very impressive for $200. Who is the hardware partner for this? It looks very similar to the Roborock S4. Which is a good thing. I really like my S4 and S6.

2 Likes

This looks exactly like my Xiaomi Robot Vac and it has the same specs. That’s not a criticism, it’s a recommendation. If this is the same vacuum I highly recommend it. I’ve had mine for 2 years and it is still going strong. Very robust hardware. There are a few consumables (filter, rotating brush, sweeper brush) but they are very reasonably priced and last a long time. Mine has been running once or twice a week for two years and it still runs like new.

My Xiaomi uses servers in Mainland China. That isn’t an issue for me, but my employer blocks traffic to these servers, so I can’t easily check up on it when I’m at work. I’m wondering if the Wyze version will be using US based servers. Also, the Xiaomi app does English … mostly. Some notifications are still in Chinese which is a bit annoying. I’m guessing that the Wyze app will not have this issue.

It would almost be worth it to me to buy a new vac just to get the Wyze app support. The $250 ($200 pre-order) price is good for this product. I think I paid $299 for the Xiaomi version.

2 Likes

I have a Roborock S4 which has suction power of 2000pa and it picks up my dogs hair really well. I have a lab mix and she sheds like crazy. With the Wyze version being a bit more at 2100pa it should do fine with pet hair. I bought a unit to try out against my S4 and to back Wyze. I am also trying to limit my smart devices to just a few apps so if it works as good as my S4, its one less app I need to use to control my house.

I could not resist, I am in. Please let this be as good as the scale was (is).