Slowly all cameras NOT recording to cloud

This started in the past few months with one camera deciding to not record to the cloud. i don;t regularly check the events unless I need to; today I checked and multiple (4 or more) of my cameras have stopped recording to the cloud, no events. Nothing has changed, I’ve literally had the same config for over a year.

What’s weird is that I can get to the live video feeds, no problem.

What would cause this?

I am not sure of the cause, I have had it happen once or twice on one camera I am using. Doing a restart from the app had fixed it every time. So what I did was set a rule to restart my cams once a day and I have not had the issue since.

1 Like

I second this! I had similar issues and scheduling a daily restart has helped tremendously! It also keeps my sense sensors from going offline.

The cause is bad firmware from WYZE. What you are describing has happened to a lot of users.

Many of us are waiting for a proper update that fixes these issues.

Same thing here. The fix seems to be completely turning off all notification, detection zones and motion tagging. I say this because the only cams I seem to get notifications from are the 2 (out of 8) that have all that turned off.

How do you schedule a daily restart? I just found out the last 3 weeks of recordings and events I thought I had were not there. So the time I need to find footage… absolutely nothing is there.

Nest tells you when a camera goes offline with a push notification. If Wyze needs a daily restart, I can’t figure out how to set it up.

1 Like

Sorry, I have the same issues with the same cheap cameras.

1 Like

You will want to set up a rule, use the schedule portion, then select your cams, then select to restart and set the time.

2 Likes

Ohhh so that’s what the circle with a plus is for on the home page. Gotcha!

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ beat me to it! He said it better than I would have. Good luck!

1 Like

If you have to schedule a constant reboot, that is a bandaid for a more serious issue.

No doubt, I will open a ticket with Wyze you take Microsoft. Let’s compare notes in a year and see how we are doing. :grinning:

1 Like

Last time I called Microsoft for support which was a long time ago, I would show my age if I said how long ago it was, they wanted to charge me for the phone call before I even said what the problem was.

1 Like

Yep, that’s SOP for the collective. :blush::blush::blush:

That was about the time I decided to start just fixing things myself. Then I became the free family IT person. I think I need to start charging them for each phone call.

2 Likes

I opened an account with Square, or you can use Cash App. Makes it easy to get paid and you can accept debit and credit cards!

2 Likes

Bill Gates… puts the ‘Bill’ in Billionaire.

2 Likes