Size scale accuracy..being trolled

So being trolled by a scale is emotionally brutal. Here’s my story. There is some accuracy issues happening.

Me: I know I’m a fat ass but let’s see where I am at since we started going to the gym

Scale: grunts and giggles and shows me a number that can’t be true

Me: hmm maybe scale is just not flat or I am standing wrong. Steps on scale again.

Scale: grunts and starts laughing and shows me a number 15 pounds more than last time.

Me: hmm maybe scale is just not flat or I am standing wrong. Steps on scale again

Scale: laughing harder at me as it shows me a different number that is 30 pounds more than the first number.

Me: hmm maybe scale is just not flat or I am standing wrong. Steps on scale again

Scale: hysterically laughing as it shows me a number over 50 pounds more than the first number.

Me: nemecio step on this scale and see if it’s [Mod Edit] with you too

Scale: I can play this game with as many people as you like, bring it.

Me: [Mod Edit] im buying a new scale.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @bjnelsontx

I appreciate the humor in your story as I often talk to things that don’t talk back to me as well.

Having owned all 3 Wyze scales I have never experienced this behavior even when my scale was also laughing at me when I started a journey of weight loss.

A couple things you could easily try to see if it corrects the reading fluctuation.

1. 0 the scale out, to do this touch the scale with one foot until display lights up release and it should show a zero. Let the scale time out and weigh yourself again, then again to verify the match.

2. Check the batteries, I have seen the scale go a little wonk with power loss.

3. Check to make sure the scale is on the latest firmware.

If all of the above do not resolve the issue I would reach out to Wyze support as there could be an issue with the device.

Lastly, Be my guest to offer the scale a non-verbal finger gesture should it laugh at you again.

Hope this helps

3 Likes