Siren > Device Trigger Rule > needs Notification Sent, Recording marked and should Ring or Siren on your phone

Including @SlabSlayer , @Omgitstony , @UserCustomerGwen

Hi IEatBeans,

The Siren doesn’t create it’s own Alert or Notification… so this WL would not be appropriate. Simply giving the current Notifications additional tones to choose from has absolutely nothing to do with Sirens.

Once again, Sirens do not create their own emails or SMS’s, and simply attaching a snapshot or photo of a different motion alert will not have anything to do with what I am suggesting.

This is not a Wishlist item and only provides the ability to see what Wyze already does, which is not going to sufficient if someone is actively triggering your camera at 3am. I responded to SlabSlayer as follows:
I was not aware (until now) of the Rules History logs. Yes, that is awesome to know, although it obviously requires quite a few extra steps to obtain this information, but I will absolutely check those logs each morning, albeit not in real time,

NONE of the existing WishList or In-Progress items addressed Sirens, much less give a fairly complete Roadmap to improving Home Security regarding Sirens. Please understand I did look through both the Wishlist and In-Progress tickets before creating this post and could not find a single one that came close to doing what I am suggesting.

Each of the different items basically depends on the others to be in place before they can be usefully implemented. I regret that my proposed solutions doesn’t fit neatly into your established way of doing things. I also understand Wyze has limited resources to allocate, what software company doesn’t?

I’m not asking for any of this to be resolved in the next 30 days, either. I’m trying to present a fairly complete picture that can be looked at by your design teams and perhaps get somewhat of a Roadmap of how to create a functional integration into your Home Security big picture. If Wyze is really honest about creating a real Home Security solution, then it needs to be a complete as it can possibly make it. As it stands, Sirens is an incomplete idea and cannot be used in its current form to actually assist the End User to truly secure their homes.

I commend @SlabSlayer for taking the time to thoroughly read through my post and actually offer intermediate alternatives. Kudos to you, Chris.

You’re free to do what you want with this post, obviously. But if you split this into “mini-threads” I believe you are doing an injustice to the Home Security solution as well as condemning it to remain a splintered and incomplete function for Sirens.

Do with it what you may. Your actions will help me determine if I spend my time trying to help make the Wyze products better.

Rick