Simultaneous Streaming (Multi-camera viewing)

Exactly! We previously had Nest Cams and could watch 75% of our yard.
This helped us watch the dog, kids, and pool area as well as vehicles entering the driveway.
Seeing all of our cameras in the App and realizing they are not live is quite a disappointment.
These use cases could also be filled with a web view or streaming ability.
Thank you

I know ring does not have live feed for multiple cameras at once, they say ~30s refresh. Is that the case with nest cams too?

My Nest had multi-camera live feed. Driveway, Front Door. Pool.

Any updates on this? I do not want to use a third party do to security concerns. Is this still in the works?

@wbentz22 Hello! This feature is launched many releases ago. You can view multiple livestream videos from a camera group. You can add a device group by tapping the PLUS sign on the top left corner on the Home page in Wyze app. Let me know if you have more questions! :slight_smile:

You can use the app to view up to 4 cameras in a group at most. I have given up on using TinyCam Pro to view more. It just crashes the network trying to view 5 + cameras. I went back to my old 16 camera system and took down all my Wyze camera at the office.

Is this available for iPhones?

when creating groups are there a way to keep them in the all camera list …
it moves them only to the group making it an extra click to see just one camera
when not wanting to view as a group .

would like a way to have in group as well as in the all devices list .

1 Like

The Group option is great for viewing multiple cameras at one on mobile devices, but I was hoping to connect a monitor to the computer and run some type of software to show multiple cameras on a larger screened monitor. Is there some free software out there that’s recommended, even if not by Wyze but this forum community, or does Wyze offer a solution? As always, thanks. Overall pretty pleased with Wyze products and keep coming back for more.

Try tinycam

1 Like

Tinycam.com is up for sale. Can u provide a link? Thx

and

Although further reading shows it’s gone downhill since I used it a few years ago.

I’ve read in previous forum threads that V3 doesn’t work w any 3rd party softwares. Does anyone know if Wyze updated?

I worked on doing this very thing for quit sometime now and I want to save you the trouble and headaches I went through. Wyze has great cameras for your home that you can easily view through the app but if you are looking to replace a security monitoring system were you are viewing 5 or more cameras, don’t bother. Yes you can setup all the cameras on TinyCam Pro and connected them all to view at once but here is the issue. Once you start viewing 5 or more cameras, your network gets so congested that the camera views start going in and out. You will even have issues with computers on your network running slow OR not connecting to resources at all (file servers, printers, ect…). Save yourself the time and just stick with one of the box DVR systems. I ended up abandoning this project after almost a year of working on it with Wyze support team and TinyCam developers.

Seems like they could utilize groups of 5 cameras at a time, then rotate through the groups to keep the bandwidth usage down. Yes? No?

I just found this feature today, and on my iPad Pro 12.9, it is nice to have four cams in view at one time

Then I discovered what you pointed out in your post, that a Cam can only go into One Group, once it’s in that group, it removes it from the main list of camera’s (that wasn’'t expected behavior, I’d rather leave it in the list.

I had not created my second group yet, and how I see that I can’t add a camera to more than one group. Hopefully WYZE will change this to where I a Camera can exist in more than one Group, and all cameras are left in the main list as an option.

I don’t see my Wyze DoorBell available to add to a list… why?

SJ

Same issue. Excellent Wi-Fi strength via mesh system to all cameras. App will drop the feed to 1 or more cameras throughout the day requiring regular presses of the reconnect icon. 1 camera live feed is fine, but 2 or more introduce more and more connection failures. Seems the programming around maintaining & restabilising live feed connections should be a lot more robust.

I’ve asked before (just created another Wishlist item for this) to automate the reconnect process. Should be so quick and easy to do.

As I’ve explained elsewhere on the forum I have a fair amount of cameras at several sites. But since Jan 1, 2020 I’ve been on a very poor ISP connection in northeast Mississippi. Prior to 2020 I used to get near 7Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. And I could live with that.
But with the pandemic my upload speeds dropped to less than 0.7Mbps routinely. To many people at home sucking up bandwidth.
Viewing cameras that are on my “home MS” network was fine. Off network, say at a relatives with fiber, I’d be lucky to be able to view 2 clearly. Meanwhile I’ve a house in Virginia where I’ve been running 6 cams and I can view ALL of them fine on the Wyze app by putting them in a group and scrolling through them. But that house has something like 20Mbps up.
So for my house in MS I’ve created a number of shortcuts to turn cams on and off. I don’t know if there is a limit of cams in groups for shortcuts but I’m able to turn most of the cams off when I’m away, view a choice few, then turn the rest back on if I want.
This lets the cams be active and upload to the cloud except when I turn them off.
The electric co-op is promising fiber between July 2021 and June 2022 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, resurrecting this. Just switched to Wyze Cam v3 after Amazon shut off support for their Cloud Cams. Those had the ability to view multiple live streams on one screen with sound on for all streams.

I have only 2 cameras and they are both in the same group. I can access the live feed, but audio is limited to one stream at a time.

Any workarounds or planned updates from Wyze?

Thanks!

No, but there’s a Wishlist topic for it: Playing Sound for Multiple Cameras in Group

Hop over and vote.

2 Likes