Shipping order dates/ broken email addresses/lack of any responce

i send this e mail as reply to my order i get a non monitored email address with a link saying hey use this email so i do and its another unmonitored email… great job

order says shipped within 1-3 business days that was 6 business days ago, i have order theas as a gift and am relying on your ability to ship as indicated before i purchased your product. if you don’t have product to ship don’t say its covid, that is not an excuse to sell things you do not have. other info attached. when will my order ship? if i use your math of 1-3 business days to ship and up to 10 days to receive my order no later then the 14th so we will say the 15th. make this happen or do not advertise that you can. according to reviews online this happens alot

thank you for your order!

We’ll get your order ready and shipped out within 1-3 business days. Once it leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email with your tracking details, so you can follow its journey to you. It should arrive within 4-10 business days after being shipped out.

You can also check the status of your order by logging into your account.

If you have questions about your order, you can contact us anytime.
Your Order #007849609

Placed on February 1, 2021 at 9:23:50 AM PST

Welcome to the Wyze community @totalitarian1878!
Try calling Wyze support!
(206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

2 days of calls and 5 1/2 hours of hold music…and still no info or cams. you took my $ within 30
seconds tho

do not buy from from here just got off a 4 hour phone call with them, 1st they couldn’t find my order then they said it was canceled by them 8 min after i placed it although 3 days later i get my order confirmation and wyze cam plus codes and have been being told for 2 weeks now that they are shipping! time to add my comment to the 513 other comments on Better Business Bureau page they have a c- with the bbb if you were wondering