Share request never went to family member

At the end of the App setup I was asked if I wanted to share the camera. I said yes to allow my son and wife have access to the camera. I provided the App with their email address, but they have not received the email. What am I doing wrong?

How can they setup the camera manually?
What information do they need?

Welcome to the user-to-user forum, @ronald.westman9202 ! :slight_smile:

They do not get an email announcement. Instead, they see you have granted access the next time they log on to their Wyze account with the email ID you have just provided. Then all they have to do is accept the share offer, and it becomes one of their devices.

They don’t get ‘admin’ access, but they can share in alerts and see the feed.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding to my post.

Can you please provide the steps they need to take?

1. Install the Wyze App. Correct?
  2. Where do I get the Email ID? Somewhere in my account settings I assume.
  3. Then do I send the Share Request again? If not, how do they know what they need to connect to my camera?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Ron

If they do not currently have a Wyze account, then they need to download the Wyze app from the Google or Apple app stores.

Then, using the app, they need to set up a Wyze account using the email address you provided for them.

Then, when they log onto that account with the app, they will be presented with a prompt to accept the share of the camera.

If not, let us know and we will tell you what to do next. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One catch – if the camera is inside your house, then they get to hear all audio near the camera. You can’t shut the audio off, but there are procedures to non-destructively disconnect the microphone if necessary.

3 Likes