Second order and wont be buying wzye again!

So i wanted a nice way to have a flat alarm/montoring here in the UK.
Great videos on you-tube about wyze, so thought what the hell I’ll buy a sense kit to keep a eye if my front door was opened when i was not at home and a motion sensor :slight_smile:

Brought from a seller on the UK, about £10 more then I know they are, but local

Item was sold as bring new and straight away a problem! both batteries in the door sensors dead on arrival, One after a battery change was able to pair after 20 times!

Ebay seller would not take the items back and said the box was only 5 months old ( how can the battery be dead after 5 months?), Ebay founded in my way and got a full refund,

Contacted Wyze support:
Sorry we don’t make v1 no more and cant offer a replacement. But would offer me a credit…
Great NOT! cant add a address to get the credit as i don’t live in the USA!
Went to set up my echo… guess what… after 2 years still cant use on Alexa if not in USA!

GET with the times!

Ordered another unit, straight from USA eBay, Mate just wanted the camera and I would take the sensors… win win? You would think… NOT

After 2 weeks shipping, opened the item today…
BOTH! door contacts dead, new battery in and the 5 leds flashes… worthless!

the ebay seller has just woke up in the USA and said was 2 months old… dead batterys? in 2 months… come on wyze!

I’m confused how a 3rd party selling you their junk parts has anything to do with Wyze. Wyze doesn’t sell V1 sensors. Hasn’t for a long time. As for batteries on V1 sensors, since it has been a very long time since the V1 was manufactured, ALL those batteries are old by now.

Wyze has just starting expanding to Canada, but is basically a US-specific vendor. YMMV outside the US as far as success with things like Alexa.

You’re lucky Wyze offered anything to compensate for gray market sellers clearly causing problems for them!

4 Likes

how can it be junk when its in a factory seal box? this means its brand new.

Yes could of been sat somewhere in stock, but a joke on 2 orders door sensors dead and wont really help anyone outside the usa

I have unopened cell phone accessories 5-15 years old. Those are junk. I have unopened copies of 20 year old software. Junk. I completely agree with @johnsmith . You bought suspect old stock from a suspect source. Caveat emptor and all that.

On a more helpful note, the story as I understand it is that if you throw out the old batteries before even trying the unit then it should survive a battery change. There is a well known issue with the V1 sensors “bricking” at low voltages. Zero is fine, but there is a low voltage danger zone, sort of like food safety and bacteria. (This does not apply to the motion sensors.) Good luck.

3 Likes

@ukjames007 ,You should read this post regarding the V1 sensors: