Sad card not avail

Can anybody help me with this question? I have an SD card inserted into the device but the error message says it can’t find it does anybody else have that problem or can tell me how to fix this please? Thank you

Welcome to the community @samster1212

Couple of Questions:

• What Camera are you loading it in? Please include the Firmware version as well
  • What App Version are you using including the device you are using it on
  • Is it a new Card or are you using an existing card?

Here is what I would try:

Take the card out of the Camera, Format it as Fat32 in a PC or Mac, then put it back into the camera and see if that allows it to be recognized.

When you enter it in to the camera, it should sound a bell sound (Might be dependent on the cmaera). If you don’t hear that it may not be fully inserted. Make sure you push it in fully, you will hear a faint click sound when it has been connected. Otherwise it may not have been inserted fully.

Hello and thank you for the advice. I did everything that you told me to do but it still doesn’t recognize it. I’m version two model WYZEC2 and it’s updated with the very latest firmware and I’m using a used SD. I don’t know how old it is I don’t think I’ve ever used it. But my device does not recognize it. And I did format it is in the fat 32. Do you have any other advice please? Thank you. One more thing, does it matter that the micro disc is one gigabyte?

Beth

Also, I tested the micro disc on a couple different devices and it works just fine. I can save documents to it I can say video to it so it’s not the disk it’s the device. That being said, should I send it into you and have you guys fix it and if so what would that cost me please? I really need to use the recording function of this device. Thank you

Beth

Should not matter, but I would use a larger SD Card, if you have one.

I don’t have one and I have gone through this set up process three times and it never recognizes my SD card. So my question is, do I send it back to you you guys repair it charge me and send it back?

Beth

I am not a Wyze Employee, I am a community member as you are, I try to support individuals as needed. you could reach out to Wyze directly:

Here is the support page: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us

the contact number is as follows:

OK I did not know that. Sorry for the attitude. I’m just frustrated. Thank you so much for getting back with me in such a timely manner.

Beth

1 Like

No need to apologize, I understand the frustration.

I worked with another who had a similar problem, they used a different SD Card and it was fine. That is why I was suggesting trying another card.

Wyze will most likely tell you that your Cam v2 requires at minimum, a class 10 microSD card with 8GB.

2 Likes

Ha! I just ordered one from Amazon. Thanks again for helping everybody. Especially us non-tech people.

Beth

2 Likes

Always a pleasure. Don’t hesitate to reach out in the forum, there are some great techies around to provide assistance.

1 Like

Just curious. Which one did you order from Amazon?

They just did. Thank you.

Beth

1 Like