Rules do not work

I used to use IFTT, but what’s the point, I paid for the Wyze camera to do certain things.
They advertise “ rules” the other day and what you can do with them , really I can’t do anything and Wyze has no clue!

I have been able to create applets on the free plan, though I believe you have a limit of like 3-4, and they don’t have any conditional logic or multiple actions.

I use the IFTTT free version. It allows for 5 Free Custom Applets to be created by pressing the plus sign in the bottom middle toolbar.

As @IEatBeans mentioned, it does not allow for conditions or multiple actions in each applet.

Just set up a rule to turn off motion detection and notifications between certain times. Definitely does not work. Will try IFTTT

Could you share some details and screenshots of your rules?

2 Likes

This is just one of many reasons I will never ever buy another Wyze product again.
I have moved in to another brand, works,flawlessly

What about it doesn’t work? Rule doesn’t fire? Rule fires, but isnt successful? Is this a scheduled rule? When did you create the rule, was it after 3:00 a.m. or before 3:00 a.m.? You have a lot going on in your rule and it would be nice to give specifics as to what is happening that you’re not intending to happen.

Here are some of my thoughts about the actions you have listed.

" Detect motion" and" enable notifications". If you’re always using these together, to simplify things only use the detect motion action. Because if you don’t have cloud event videos, there’s nothing to notify you of. So in effect, the detect motion action also controls whether or not you get notifications.

" Turn off the siren". I believe you’re using this action incorrectly if you’re using it on a scheduled rule. This action actually turns off the siren if it is on and sounding. So according to your rule, including this action would turn off the siren if it is sounding at 3:00 a.m and it would only do this at 3:00 a.m. .

" Turn off the spotlight". According to your rule actions, if this is a scheduled rule. This would turn your Jacob’s room spotlight on at 7:00 p.m., and then turn it off at 3:00 a.m… is this your intended result?

2 Likes

The rules do not work at all. I created the rule within the specified time frame. I left it on all day. None of the things in the rules stopped. It continued to trigger notifications, detected motions,
I will try your suggestions. I will only turn off detect motion to see if this stops during the time frame. And you are right about the spotlight, it turned on after the rule was over.

I believe this is your misunderstanding. The start time of the rule needs to happen for the actions to fire. As an example, if I create a rule at 6pm to have something happen at 5:00 p.m, I need to wait until tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. for that rule to happen. If I create a rule at 4:00 p.m. for something to happen at 5:00 p.m., I only need to wait an hour for that rule to fire.

The logic for rules is that it fires at the start time, and then fires the inverse actions at the end time. It’s not " between my start and end time, these actions happen regardless".

Here is a great example of the above logic. At your end time, the inverse actions of your rules fire.

1 Like

One overlooked feature Wyze provides to help with rules is the Rule “History”.
Click on “Edit Rules” from the main screen then “HISTORY” at the bottom.
It shows what actually fired off and when.

3 Likes

A misunderstanding? A misunderstanding is perfectly okay and happens. The community here is happy to help with some education to get things straightened out and back on track. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is working fine now
I only disabled motion and it stopped sending notifications during the timeframe.

2 Likes

And your rule triggered fine at 3am this morning? Nice! Thanks for the update?

1 Like

Yes. It is working as expected. Thank you for your assistance!

3 Likes

How did you create a location applet on ittt? I want the same action you have. When I leave home turn on these cameras. When I’m home turn on these cameras.

EDIT

I figured it out but it’s not going to work for me it only lets you turn on and off one camera and I have 14 cameras and I need some of them off and on not all of them. Thanks anyway